• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Psycho-Pass Film's Full Trailer, Story, More of Cast Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
> Tomokazu Seki as Shinya Kougami
Well, this is going to be fun to see him in the film.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:15 am Reply with quote
In a way it kind of confirms who's going to live by the end of S2. Surprised
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:17 am Reply with quote
Those who hate the 2nd season are either going to skip this or watch it anyway to confirm their prejudices against the 2nd season.

Who on earth does the English transcripts for the trailer?! I don't remember hearing Saiga Jouji give the line that the transcript states.

It looks like most of the main cast from the 2nd season are still around 2 years after events being narrated at present. No prizes for guessing which former enforcer is likely being referred to by the bureau chief.
Carefree859

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:18 am Reply with quote
I've had a theory for awhile now I think Akane will be an enforcer by the end of season 2
shiranehito

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:32 am Reply with quote
This looks promising and I really hope this delivers something good unlike the S2. Love the song too.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Well it looks good hoping funi wont be sitting on this one for a long time
pandoraking

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
awesome song by sigure again <33 better than enigmatic feeling
reidwyr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:03 pm Reply with quote
does anyone know if this is set after or before second season? I really hope this film completely ignores the disaster that is second season..
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:27 pm Reply with quote
reidwyr wrote:
does anyone know if this is set after or before second season? I really hope this film completely ignores the disaster that is second season..

According to the article,the movie is set after the first season so you can say it has nothing to do with second season.
Izanagi009

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be fun

The Sybil system's sociopathy will finally extend past the isolated world it has inhabited and will spread. I will enjoy seeing the turbulent consequences it takes and how Kogami will integrate into this

I will definitely enjoy this more than the second season and this movie will probably renew people's interest in Psycho pass as a whole.
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Ah, this looks nice. Also, co-written by Urobuchi? So there's hope for a coherent conclusion (not that the wonderful ending of season 1 needed to be concluded any further). Also, Kogami's eye. Smile And Akane looks really badass in the poster without the stupid skirt.

Instead of Makishima's goal to spoiler[open up Japan and destroy it's self-sufficiency (the only thing keeping Sybil in place unchallenged) to bring the system down], we now get the same system deliberately expanding and leaving it's comfortable little nest. It's going to be interesting, I hope, to watch people from the outside react to the implementation of this (by it's nature very closed) system.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
reidwyr wrote:

According to the article,the movie is set after the first season so you can say it has nothing to do with second season.

Not according to the official website's own description of the movie. Considering the move is set 4 years after the first season and the second season 1 1/2 years after the first, it's not surprising that the movie follows on as a continuation of the second season.

Not that those who hate the second season will care, but this is the original script from the official website:

そしてTV2期に後続する形で、新たなストーリが劇場版アニメーション作品としてつむがれる.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I see that I make a mistake on my part. It's not like I dislike second season. I'm rather enjoying as much as the pervious season.

I cannot read Japanese. If possible, can you translate it?
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
I see that I make a mistake on my part. It's not like I dislike second season. I'm rather enjoying as much as the pervious season.

I cannot read Japanese. If possible, can you translate it?

Enough users on the talkback forum troll the 2nd season enough to make any casual reader assume everyone else hates the 2nd season. Apologies for generalising you into that category.

The following is my own very rough translation which will not be 100% accurate in grammatical terms:

The Psycho Pass Movie is an animation product with a new storyline which is connected to the franchise as a continuation of the 2nd season.

Last edited by Harleyquin on Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
reidwyr wrote:

The movie is set after both seasons but it seems like it could easily ignore the second. The whole thing may as well be treated like a filler.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2