• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Infinite Stratos Anime Gets 3D Action PC Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arklight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:28 am Reply with quote
If they make something like this... Maybe they should make an online game of this...
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:00 am Reply with quote
Well if this is just a fighting game, it should be okay. 2nd Season and OVA of IS2 stunk badly.

Maybe there should be hidden abilities like Ichika is invincible against attacks for short time due how dense he is (when comes to woman.)
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:03 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
Well if this is just a fighting game, it should be okay. 2nd Season and OVA of IS2 stunk badly.

Maybe there should be hidden abilities like Ichika is invincible against attacks for short time due how dense he is (when comes to woman.)

Good point because that is Ichika really is (at times).
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:21 am Reply with quote
The game looks quite good and interesting. I'm hoping 5pb. also published this game on Steam platform for PC or PS4.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
But it is 5pb and they are a hit-or-miss.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Freakmasta wrote:

i know that all too well when they released liberation maiden for the 3DS. while it had great animation including the cut scenes , the gameplay was kinds overdone already.

though i was kinda disappointed. was hoping that it would be news of possibly a season 3 for infinite stratos or probably the light novels would get adapted into a manga version.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Freakmasta wrote:

i know that all too well when they released liberation maiden for the 3DS. while it had great animation including the cut scenes , the gameplay was kinds overdone already.

though i was kinda disappointed. was hoping that it would be news of possibly a season 3 for infinite stratos or probably the light novels would get adapted into a manga version.

Liberation Maiden on 3DS isn't a 5pb. game. The 3DS game was developed by Grasshopper Manufacture and published by Level-5. 5pb. created a Liberation Maiden visual novel for PS3 and Vita.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
[quote="jr0904"]
Freakmasta wrote:

After he turned the LN into a massive trainwreck upon getting a new publisher, I'd rather they just let the series die in peace.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01, I do you find it to be a train wreck that the creator changed publishers?
ChexGuy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Left, center, and right weapons? Timed 1v1? Is this Virtual-On?! IS 5pb DOING WHAT SEGA NEVER WILL?!?!
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Freakmasta wrote:

A third season can't happen anytime soon with the LN's coming out irregularly. The anime is now basically caught up, and the most recent LN volume was 9 in April, the first in over a year. Volume 8 April of last year was the first one in two years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
SilverTalon01, I do you find it to be a train wreck that the creator changed publishers?

The issue isn't that he changed publishers. It is that when he did, he also changed what he wanted to do with the series. I guess after not getting an IS novel published for 2 years, he just had a shift in this thinking?
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:06 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
Freakmasta wrote:

A third season can't happen anytime soon with the LN's coming out irregularly. The anime is now basically caught up, and the most recent LN volume was 9 in April, the first in over a year. Volume 8 April of last year was the first one in two years.

that's far too irregular. its like some mangas that dont have the shouen jump label where it takes like months before the next volume comes out. which will mean the next IS anime would probably be an OVA.

though a manga release isnt out of the question. but the problem is who will actually want to adapt it into a manga since harem genres have taken a hit in the manga community now that negima have finished its run. sure it have a popular fanbase in the otaku community, but its not toaru no majustu index or even highschool dxd.

So the chances of the IS light novels getting a manga adaptation is the same as elfen lied getting a manga version being released to the US. very slim.

But stranger things have happened so its not impossible. at least that's what i think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChexGuy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:37 pm Reply with quote
gameplay footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crUnxIVcNco

Virtual-On style weapon meters and small maps w/ 1v1 combat, but the movement of characters and the camera looks more like Gundam Extreme VS.

It looks like it was made in Unity, probably a budget game. Still interested in a mashup of Virtual-On and EXVS, really interested in what the control schemes will be like.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1