• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XIV 'Before the Fall' Patch's Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
followed by the "Gold Saucer" 2.51 patch in late February, and part two in late March.

Weird that the GS is it's separate release in Feb.
Yadilie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Man 14 is such an amazing MMO. The amount of content that you get and keep on getting is outrageous. YoshiP is like the best thing to have to Square Enix in forever.
Mecha Odyssey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Yadilie wrote:
Man 14 is such an amazing MMO. The amount of content that you get and keep on getting is outrageous. YoshiP is like the best thing to have to Square Enix in forever.

I've been playing since the day 1 release of 1.0 and I enjoyed seeing the transition from its rough beginnings to what it is today. I had a friend who quit playing during the 1.0 era and refuses to come back. Each patch trailer I showed to him he refused to believe the game is actually good now. It's a shame, his loss though.
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to Triple Triad the most. Collect all the cards, become the champion, and host in-game tournaments with prizes. It'll be an entirely new end-game content in itself for me.

I hope Hildebrand's story continues into Ishgard. YoshiP said Hildebrand was always supposed to be a one shot character but fan demand brought him back and turned him into a recurring storyline, which will be concluded in this patch. He then said it'd be fan demand if Hildebrand came back for the expansion, and everyone in the audience rioted.
drakenfyre75

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:
followed by the "Gold Saucer" 2.51 patch in late February, and part two in late March.

Weird that the GS is it's separate release in Feb.

Patch was too large to go through in one run, I'm somewhat glad it's broken down, think it would be overwhelming to have all of that in one giant patch.
Lusbox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:34 am Reply with quote
Might have to come back to this soon. Been playing WoW since it's lastest expansion came out, but just love the story/setting/music of FFXIV.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1