• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex USA Outlines Koimonogatari, Nisekoi #3/#4, Durarara!! Reissue Box on Blu-ray

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:29 pm Reply with quote
But, how much is the Durarara!! Complete Blu-Ray Set? Because if it's any more than $50 - $70 then it's a no go.
Theozilla

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Will the Durarara!! dub include an on-screen text subtitles track? Because I heard the previous edition only had them if you turned on the subtitles entirely (like there was no separate track just for the on-screen text).
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
But, how much is the Durarara!! Complete Blu-Ray Set? Because if it's any more than $50 - $70 then it's a no go.

Given that AOA's Previous complete blu-Ray set for this sold for $130 (MSRP $160) and $50-$70 has been the price range for some of their 4-5 episode releases (standard kill la kill volumes, Monogatari volumes, ect) I think we can assume it'll be well above that. Would be nice if we got some form of price drop since it'll have less goodies than the previous incarnate, though.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Hah, wow. $130 retail for the reissue DRRR box. Or you can pay $60 plus shipping by importing the LE box from the UK.
Nyren

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:57 pm Reply with quote
bleachigo66 wrote:
Nyren wrote:

Given that AOA's Previous complete blu-Ray set for this sold for $130 (MSRP $160) and $50-$70 has been the price range for some of their 4-5 episode releases (standard kill la kill volumes, Monogatari volumes, ect) I think we can assume it'll be well above that. Would be nice if we got some form of price drop since it'll have less goodies than the previous incarnate, though.
I'll be really sad if it isn't cheaper. I thought competition was supposed to make the prices competitive. Aniplex must work great under pressure if they keep charging premiums like this when their competition is selling whole series for far less. If it weren't for them having the really high profile releases, I wonder if they'd even still be in business.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
I'll be really sad if it isn't cheaper. I thought competition was supposed to make the prices competitive. Aniplex must work great under pressure if they keep charging premiums like this when their competition is selling whole series for far less. If it weren't for them having the really high profile releases, I wonder if they'd even still be in business.

If weren't for Monogatari and KLK they probably wouldn't be.

{Please avoid Excessive Quoting in your posts in the future and review the linked thread. Thank you. ~ Psycho 101}
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Welp, you can't even get reissues right Aniplex. Screw you yet again!
j Talbain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I refuse to buy anything from Aniplex USA until they stop charging out the a$$ for sets that should cost half the price.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:53 pm Reply with quote
bleachigo66 wrote:
Nyren wrote:

Just a slight correction The lunchbox DRRR! was $189.98 (MSRP) and sold regularly for $149.98. During the Xmas sales it dipped down to $129.98. So basically this new set for $130 is $20 cheaper than the old set originally went for and the same price as the lunchbox set was on sale over Xmas. It would have been nice if they had dropped it to about $100 even.

I'm actually kind of surprised they are re-releasing it. I thought that they possibly might but I expected that it would be bundled with the new season so then they could run up the price. So my question is will they give people a chipboard box with this new set or will it be another one of those cheap card-stock (paper) sleeves so they can maximize profits? If they don't at least do that then I'm not really interested in double dipping at that price point as my DVD versions are good enough. I don't expect them and I would be surprised if they fix the lack of subs on the signs and stuff in the dub. Its just easier for them to repress the discs.
caleb-kun89sw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:04 pm Reply with quote
j Talbain wrote:
I refuse to buy anything from Aniplex USA until they stop charging out the a$$ for sets that should cost half the price.

IKR? $65 for just 5 episodes? Shocked
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I'd love them to reissue the Garden of Sinners set :S
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:12 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Update: The Durarara!! reissue will not include the earlier edition's lunch box or the other bonuses not listed above. The reissue box will list for US$159.98 (US$129.98 at retail).

Are you seriously telling me they're gonna sell the "paired down" version for the same price Rightstuf was selling the limited edition? Which STILL comes out to over a hundred dollars? Evil or Very Mad
red490246

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:50 am Reply with quote
It's really misleading too that the reissue is still labelled as Lunch Box Limited Edition if it's missing all these "bonuses". I wasn't able to hop on the bandwagon to buy the Lunch Box edition in time, but I'm just surprised it sold out so soon... Everything seems to sell out these days...
Kalessin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:50 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:

Yeah. There was no "songs and signs" subtitle track, which in most cases, is annoying, but not a big deal, but in the case of Durarara!! is hugely annoying thanks to the fact that Celty is frequently typing stuff on her phone to communicate. Honestly, I'd buy the whole set all over again just get a "songs and signs" subtitle track.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:53 am Reply with quote
red490246 wrote:

[cut]

but I'm just surprised it sold out so soon... Everything seems to sell out these days...

No magic involved when you're publishing 10 damn boxsets and you find 10 buyers. Don't look at the "soldout" tagline. The important thing is how many boxsets/LE are produced. That gives you an objective mesure of the market size AoA or any other publisher is targetting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2