• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Adding Nonexistent Manga/Anime Titles to "My Manga/Anime"

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:07 am Reply with quote
I was wondering if it possible to add manga or anime to "my Manga/Anime" that does not have an Encyclopaedia entry so that it can be rated?

I ask as I have quite a few manga series that are not available in the Encyclopaedia which I added for approval earlier last year. These series are still amongst the list waiting for approval, that's not a dig as I don't know the process and I know the team are very busy, there are also many titles on there that have been on longer than my suggestions. As well as the former I have "supported" (I think that's the term used) other series that I have read or I know are genuine but they are also on the list.

If adding a title that is not in the Encyclopaedia onto our personal lists is not already possible I was thinking that users could manually type an addition that would only show on said users list, thus not needing an encyclopaedia entry. If the title is added at a later date the user can remove the line the created and replace with the linked entry created by ANN. Would something like my suggestion be possible?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I appear to have asked a couple of unanswerable questions; that's a first for me Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, that would be a nice feature but it's not one that we have. Or have the time to develop at the moment. But we'll try to see what we can do about speeding up those manga submissions...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for responding and I understand the frustrations of time constraints. With the additions, is this something that is already or can be created by the number of supports a title is given? Then in tern leaving "us" to add in relevant information within the encyclopaedia page? This may sound completely ridiculous as I guess someone would have to create a page for the entry rather than it auto creating.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Tsuna, if you PM me which submissions are yours, I can look into getting them approved quickly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1