• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seraph of the End's Additional Cast, Creator's Direct Involvement Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Wait so based on this article, the series will adapt the manga rather than the LN? I've read a bit of both although I'm much more familiar with the manga.

Anyways, looking forward to this 2 split cour show. The PV got me excited awhile back and the key visual looks gorgeous.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
#Immie93

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm so hyped for this. And I'm glad the original author is adapting the scripts including creating the anime's ending because I know sooo many anime's out there that just stop. The manga is gorgeous so turning those drawings into motion will be the icing on the cake.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
The show just got a whole lot more interesting. It's great to see more creators getting directly involved in the making of their story's adaptations (even inning it themselves), since it's their baby and all. I always wondered if we would ever see an adaptation that covered material that had yet to be published, and now, we finally get that opportunity. Smile

Hope the show actually turns out well, since I'm still a little unsure about it. I want to say that seems interesting and it does have an intriguing staff attached to it, but at the same time, it also feels too familiar and not unique.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Staff announcement wrote:
The website also announced that the original manga's writer, Takaya Kagami, is personally drafting the original story for story episodes not yet serialized in the manga version. He is also supervising all aspects of the scripts until the anime's 24th and final episode.

So it'll be like how Tōno Mamare is working with the anime studios so they adapt Log Horizon's source material properly, even the yet-to-be-published ones. That sounds nice, and it means that no Anime Original ending, but an animated version to yet-to-be-published chapters.

Stark700 wrote:
Wait so based on this article, the series will adapt the manga rather than the LN? I've read a bit of both although I'm much more familiar with the manga.

From what I understand, the LN series is a canonical prequel to the manga. It might be animated as well.

Sam Murai wrote:
I always wondered if we would ever see an adaptation that covered material that had yet to be published, and now, we finally get that opportunity.

Tōno Mamare is collaborating with the anime studio Studio DEEN so they'll animate the future LV material of Log Horizon as closely as he envision it. Likewise with how Arakawa Hiromu worked with bones to animate the last part of Fullmetal Alchemist's manga (which came out at nearly the same time the 2009 anime ended/was approaching its end). IIRC, Takahashi Yashichirō's Shakugan no Shana got the same treatment as well, and more animated works that I can't remember at the moment. It isn't as rare as most people think.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Yes, creators need to protect their works more. Everyone reads the LN or manga because it was from the creator, so having the creator work on the anime will make it even more of a success.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I would have done the same. After watching so many BS anime endings, this is good.
Vennex

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Is always pleasant to hear original creators getting this involved in the anime adaptions of their work. I am very much looking forward to this show.
flackenstien

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this means "the author is working to make it accurate to the series he created" and not "the anime-original ending will be made by the author".
Too many series killed by anime-original endings.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
So it'll be like how Tōno Mamare is working with the anime studios so they adapt Log Horizon's source material properly, even the yet-to-be-published ones. That sounds nice, and it means that no Anime Original ending, but an animated version to yet-to-be-published chapters.

Wow, that's going to blur the line between an adaptation and its source material, as they'll become switched at a certain point in time.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Sounds quite promising. Also interesting that there will only be one script writer for all of the episodes too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1