• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Precure Magical Girl Anime's 1st 3-Part Film Opens October 31

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:27 pm Reply with quote
"2 CG anime" GOD F*&*(@^*&^!*&^!!! TOEI AND YOUR *(!&@*(&!*&!&^*() CG @#&(*&@(*&!!!!! It looks like shit, it always looked like shit and it will always look like shit!!!! Cheep bastards, you want to cut every single corner you can!!!

Before anyone asks... yes, I'm mad. I'm furious, actually. I love Precure. I honest to God enjoy those shows, but TOEI is doing everything they can to try and ruin it. It was OK when the godawful CG was only in the ED, but now they worked it into the show itself. The transformations and the attacks have this really shitty PS1/PS2 look now. As a bonus, they've managed to jam in even more stock footage, starting with HappynessCharge and it's 90 SECOND SINGING AND DANGING FINAL ATTACK!!!

Yes, I'm very mad. Sorry for the long rant.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Full CG? Ewww, unwatchable and will pass.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

I have to go against the prejudice notion that "full cg anime=looks BAD" as there have been enough contemporal examples of CG anime series that it CAN work with the right staff.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:30 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

I have to go against the prejudice notion that "full cg anime=looks BAD" as there have been enough contemporal examples of CG anime series that it CAN work with the right staff.

Toei's CG is terrible especially compared to Love Live, Pripara, and later episodes of Aikatsu.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

Toei's CG is terrible especially compared to Love Live, Pripara, and later episodes of Aikatsu.

It is on a much higher level than Pripara's CG, and while it has some unique issues, it is certainly comparable to that of the other mentioned titles' CG.
Don't get me wrong, I hate the idea of a CG Precure movies as much as DmonHiro.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:18 pm Reply with quote
It seems that Toei must have this...unmatched affection for computer graphics. I don't think certain parts (dancing, transformation scenes, etc.) are going to fare so well with all this use of CG.
bigivel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Amazing News, Can't wait to be able to watch this movie! Very Happy
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I like that they're trying to at least switch up the formula for these movies - they were starting to feel stale.

Also the Pumpkin Princess looks so cute. I really love this season of Precure so I have high hopes for this movie.

I don't really see what's so bad about Precure's latest attempts at CGI, I think the Precure Memory ending was quite beautiful especially compared to other anime cgi. And it's certainly an improvement since it started
bigivel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:31 pm Reply with quote
And next year we will have this beauty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI4B36FIQzM
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Halloween is expanding

Hope it's triple-billed so they don't have to purchase tickets 3 times

FenixFiesta wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

Doraemon wasn't bad
manapear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:30 am Reply with quote
The designs are cute~. Given how surprisingly gorgeous the CG is in the EDs anymore, I'm kind of excited. As long as they don't try to be cheap, I see this going very well actually. ♥
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:34 am Reply with quote
PreCure's 3D CG has gotten a lot better over the years. I'm not sure how well they'll fare with a fully CG movie (you spend more time on an ED that's shown two dozen times than a scene that's only shown once), but better they experiment with a short movie than a full season, no?
bigivel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

Toei's CG is terrible especially compared to Love Live

Funny, because the opening CG of Love Live 2nd season is Toei animation CG!

Also all the rest of the CG used in it is rare apparitions and is not from sunrise, but:
Episode 3 -> Sublimation
Episode 12 -> Artner
Episode 13 -> Studio GOONEYS, VOXEL

Note: Sunrise received the assistance of Toei and Imagica for the dance choreographies, too!

About Aikatsu! it is all made by Samurai Pictures: http://samurai-pictures.com/works/
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:05 pm Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

Also all the rest of the CG used in it is rare apparitions and is not from sunrise, but:
Episode 3 -> Sublimation
Episode 12 -> Artner

Note: Sunrise received the assistance of Toei and Imagica for the dance choreographies, too!

About Aikatsu! it is all made by Samurai Pictures: http://samurai-pictures.com/works/

Interesting, but still the CG in Precure is not as good as what they did with the opening of Love Live S2, I can't trust them to do full CG anime, it needs a decent budget to be good, so they can't cut a single corner for cost or any other reason at all. They have to approach this like it was their daughter preparing for the Hollywood debut of her dreams and not as a cash cow that they'll know will bring them stacks or it will turn out bad very easily.
bigivel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

bigivel wrote:

Episode 3 -> Sublimation
Episode 12 -> Artner

Hoppy800 wrote:

Interesting, but still the CG in Precure is not as good as what they did with the opening of Love Live S2, I can't trust them to do full CG anime, it needs a decent budget to be good, so they can't cut a single corner for cost or any other reason at all. They have to approach this like it was their daughter preparing for the Hollywood debut of her dreams and not as a cash cow that they'll know will bring them stacks or it will turn out bad very easily.

What Precure CG are you talking about? Personally I think the Precure CG is better than the CG used in Love Live. I don't know what you see is so special in Love Live CG.

What kind of budget are you talking?
The quality of things here basically only have to do with "Know how", not money(So basically Sunrise would pay a lot for it, but to Toei it wouldn't cost that much to produce).
For money you would be looking at something really expensive to do in CGI like Captain Harlock Movie or Saint Seiya: Legend of the Sanctuary. Not something like Love Live and Precure CG that is really well made, but certainly not that costly and not that different from each other.

Toei is right now, and for sometime, one of the studios that is investing more in CG technology and with pretty good results:
- Digimon X evolution,
- One Piece 3D,
- Asura,
- Captain Harlock,
- Saint Seiya,
- Expelled from the Paradise
- others
Why would you not trust them with a Full CG Movies?

Did you ever watched Toei's Majin Bone anime? Or at least the fight scenes? The 1st CG part of this movie will be action packed so you can expect something like this: https://youtu.be/sUSr-8YIqog?t=4m25s
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2