• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ragnarok Online Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:45 am Reply with quote
not popular with english speaking gamers? yeah maybe not near the same level as other MMORPGS but it has a big english speaking fanbase.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:25 am Reply with quote
>.> Not popular with the English speakers because they went all pay to play when they still didn't get out all the bugs out of the program, and kept deleting the last couple of days off their characters. Lots of the English fans were REALLY pissed. Also they only had two servers then, so lag was horrible. >.> They lost 1,000s of English fans.

An anime might be kind of fun, but I don't see it being much different then .hack's series.
Kyo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, i'm kinda wondering how they will pull this off. Maybe it'll be based more on the manga series itself with a little bit of online elements?
Gunslinger_Guy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:12 pm Reply with quote
i just recently started reading the manga....hopefully it will be good...
sephira

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:26 am Reply with quote
yo guyz! Anime smile + sweatdrop' I would like to put a comment on this....

Well, here in the Philippines Ragnarok is pretty popular, and first time this year Raganarok is released here in our country. And i heard from my friend that there is already a cd of Ragnarok, but here said that they'll work on it. But hey.. why did my friend found a CD of it? hmmmmmm? it might be? another? or ? Anime smile" hope someone would clear it up.

* In languages i wonder how can you say if it's popular? by language? hmmm..? Anime smile + sweatdrop'

That's all ... ^_______^
Zeiram

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:23 am Reply with quote
i've read most of the manga

and from that the anime news here is awesome, i'll check it out no prob. I mean the art and characters are great in the manga, the action is merciless too.

i sincerely doubt it'll be like .hack, i mean c'mon .hack is a story about characters stuck in a game world. this is a game about a fantasy world, to make a manga or anime is to be about that fantasy world. This will be more like the manga hopefully. the plot rocks in there. if not, it could still be good, i dunno. havn't checked out the mmorpg, i don't play those, neopets bout made me fail a programmming class x_X;;
trigunner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
i sincerely doubt it'll be like .hack, i mean c'mon .hack is a story about characters stuck in a game world. this is a game about a fantasy world, to make a manga or anime is to be about that fantasy world.

yes, but let's not forget, without things like Ragnarok. .hack would probobly not have even come to pass.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:17 pm Reply with quote
trigunner wrote:
Quote:
i sincerely doubt it'll be like .hack, i mean c'mon .hack is a story about characters stuck in a game world. this is a game about a fantasy world, to make a manga or anime is to be about that fantasy world.

yes, but let's not forget, without things like Ragnarok. .hack would probobly not have even come to pass.
mre like things lile M.U.D's and M.U.C.K.s such as NETHACK the old text based multi player games played on BBS

Damn I am old and im only 22!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:13 am Reply with quote
trigunner wrote:

Umm... I think .hack has been around about the same time as Ragnarok, if not longer, at least in the planning sense. I remember ANN or animenation announceing Ragnarok looking for people to start beta testing the game no more then two years ago, and I believe .hack has been in production for just about as long. If anything, I would have to say the MMORPG to say thanks too would be Phantasy Star Online, which was pretty much the first major Japanese MMORPG. >.> That and everquest, but I have no idea how that game impacted Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1