• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Star Ocean 5 RPG's Character Video Introduces Fidel Camuze

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Hmm the backgrounds seem kind of flat and boring, hope they have that fixed before release. Kind of nice to see a company push a title back to ensure the quality is there, I'm fine waiting another 2-3 months if it means getting an awesome game.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure they'll change his name for the English release to avoid offending someone out there. XD

Last edited by belvadeer on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
bumbayker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:59 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
I'm sure they'll change his name for the English release to avoid offending someone out there.

No they won't. Fidel is his official name and there's nothing offensive about it. Sharing the same first name as the famed Cuban politician who opposed the US during Cold War isn't grounds for censorship. It would be asinine for Square Enix to give in over something as petty and trivial as that.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:26 pm Reply with quote
bumbayker wrote:
No they won't. Fidel is his official name and there's nothing offensive about it. Sharing the same first name as the famed Cuban politician who opposed the US during Cold War isn't grounds for censorship. It would be asinine for Square Enix to give in over something as petty and trivial as that.

I was joking. If they do actually give him a name change because of that, it would indeed be asinine as you said.

Last edited by belvadeer on Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Radrappy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:32 pm Reply with quote
oof.

I was really looking forward to this game but that footage looks pretty rough. The lack of facial animation in the closeups is not doing the characters any favors and the environments look generic and bland.

Here's hoping it surprises come March.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1