• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One-Punch Man Creator's Mob Psycho 100 Anime Presents Teaser Video With Cast, Staff

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this looks great. It retains the style of original series' artwork too with some solid staff so far. Can't wait! I expect this to air Fall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Its your time Mob-kun
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Loving that art style! And what an excellent staff it has! Really looking forward to this one now.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Art style looks awful but I guess that's the point of ONE's style. The animation looked pretty good near the end though. Will definitely give it a watch based off of the staff alone.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:29 pm Reply with quote
YES! IT LOOKS CRUDDY AND DIRTY AND OFF MODEL! IT'S PERFECT!

This trailer definitely fulfilled my hopes in not making the show look "pretty" because man that would be a waste. My Ideal anime Mob Pscyho look would have been those library commercials or something where the animation was super weird and almost ping pong like but I can dig this.

Not about Mob, but this does make me question something. We have no idea when this year Mob will come up but we get a teaser that tells us a lot about how this show will look. Yet we have nothing like that for my hero academia yet, which is coming out this spring. Strange, but hopefully it's something worth waiting/being surprised over. This is the year of the Bones as far as I'm concerned, not because I expect everything to be a critical or overly artistic marvel but this is the most stuff I've ever seen a single studio put out that happens to fall perfectly in line with what I care about. I'll roll around and swim in that satisfaction for as much as I can.
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Looks great! I much prefer MP100 to OPM so I'm looking forward to this.
pandoraking

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:38 pm Reply with quote
bones rlly knows how to make a pv!! amazing! they r looking very promising this year. lets see if they can deliver(although i have no doubts they will xDD)
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this looks great! Smile Smile Smile
dackquiri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Some producers handle sloppy punk bands by cleaning them up and polishing them to a shine.

Some just artfully but ridiculously amplify the messiness into an immaculate cacophony of badass.

The art style here looks like the latter approach and I am pretty stoked for it.

How is the manga? I like OPM but could never tell if the fact its one silly central joke and the premise built around it never got old was due to deceptively keen writing or dumb luck.
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Everything looks great! Now for the My Hero Academia trailer Bones!
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Well, I guess now is ONE's time to shine. Oddly, the trailer mentions having the same animation director as One-Punch Man...but doesn't mention the same author? One-Punch Man is pretty big right now. Surely a "From the creator of One-Punch Man!" would've helped divert some eyes...?
Nice Tea

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
WOW.
This is gonna be good!!!
Really happy they kept the rough art vibes of the manga.
Nice staff cast, I was secretly hoping Sugita Tomokazu would voice Reigen but Takahiro Sakurai looks like a good fit to Reigen's quirky character.
Kenji Kawai on the music? Expecting an epic soundtrack.

PS: Link to Mob's VA is missing.
person#125648
Somewhere

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:14 pm Reply with quote
dackquiri wrote:
Some producers handle sloppy punk bands by cleaning them up and polishing them to a shine.

Some just artfully but ridiculously amplify the messiness into an immaculate cacophony of badass.

The art style here looks like the latter approach and I am pretty stoked for it.

How is the manga? I like OPM but could never tell if the fact its one silly central joke and the premise built around it never got old was due to deceptively keen writing or dumb luck.

Oh, absolutely the former. Although, his writing chops do show through more with Mob, albeit with different focus. With Mob, ONE focuses more on a smaller cast, with the overall story being about Mob's personal growth (as opposed to the more sandbox nature of OPM). His wry sense of humour's still there.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Reminds me almost of AKIRA. Instead Akira is trying live normal life..looks amazing, not sure I can get into the story until I read or se a it.
tsvkkis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:51 pm Reply with quote
MP100 is such an amazing manga and if they keep true to the storyline, then the show will no doubt be just as good. (I'm so glad they're doing animation similar to ONE's drawing style!!!)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3