• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Anime's 4th Promo Video Previews Animation

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:05 am Reply with quote
Wow the music/soundtrack of the PV is great! Loved it. And animation quality looks solid too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:10 am Reply with quote
ALRIGHT FINALLY! Character animation looks great, backgrounds seem a bit meh to me but I can live with that and I over all like the colors so I'm good. Can't wait til April, it can't come faster!
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:26 am Reply with quote
this came out much sooner than expected.
love the animation and art. it fits together really well. really like it. music is fantastic.
So hyped
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:31 am Reply with quote
The backgrounds looks a little weird, but not bad. Other than that, it looks way better than I could have possibly imagined. Not to mention that the soundtrack sounds perfect. I really can't wait!
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:40 am Reply with quote
Nakurawari wrote:
The backgrounds looks a little weird, but not bad. Other than that, it looks way better than I could have possibly imagined. Not to mention that the soundtrack sounds perfect. I really can't wait!

Yeah the reason they look off is just because we aren't used to it. it seems like they chose a western/asian like background style to merge with the western/asian influence art style of horikoushi. looks very different to the P.A. Works type backgrounds we be getting recently
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:53 am Reply with quote
Eh, I like the soundtrack in the preview. Animation is so-so. Still, nothing that will stop me from checking this show out. I'm really looking forward to this one.
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:01 am Reply with quote
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
Nakurawari wrote:

Yeah the reason they look off is just because we aren't used to it. it seems like they chose a western/asian like background style to merge with the western/asian influence art style of horikoushi. looks very different to the P.A. Works type backgrounds we be getting recently

Yeah. After I watched it a few more times I realised that the colour pages of the city in the first chapter look exactly how it looks here. I guess I'm just not used to the whole series being in colour yet... which is the exciting part!
#Marc123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:07 am Reply with quote
Ooooh I am really hyped! The soundtrack was amazing!
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:19 am Reply with quote
if Kuromukuro wasn't coming out next season this would take best soundtracks of spring. but kuromukuro's soundtrack sounds like it'll be the best one since Resonance
VexxedReaper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:22 am Reply with quote
Nakurawari wrote:
DontmesswithKarma wrote:
Nakurawari wrote:

Yeah. After I watched it a few more times I realised that the colour pages of the city in the first chapter look exactly how it looks here. I guess I'm just not used to the whole series being in colour yet... which is the exciting part!

My Hero Academia is supposed to be influenced by western comics, so the background is pretty refreshing for an anime/manga.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:55 am Reply with quote
The Animation is looking great can't wait for the premiere in April. Smile
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:57 am Reply with quote
Kaminari is not in the visual. Awful.
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:22 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

Neither is Ashido, or Jiro, or Invisable Girl, or Aoyama, or Eraserhead. All of whom have inputed about the same value to the ongoing story or more so (Eraserhead still hasn't been given an VA yet for christ sakes!).

On the plus side, the PV looks chuffing ace. Can't wait, but I would still like to see the Drama CD get released over here, in some way that is.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:13 am Reply with quote
Both the animation and sound appear to be good, so I have high hopes for this one. Although, unlike some others are saying I don't have any issues with the backgrounds. They look perfectly fine to me.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:17 am Reply with quote
Hawkmonger wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

Neither is Ashido, or Jiro, or Invisible Girl, or Aoyama, or Eraserhead. All of whom have inputed about the same value to the ongoing story or more so (Eraserhead still hasn't been given an VA yet for christ sakes!).

On the plus side, the PV looks chuffing ace. Can't wait, but I would still like to see the Drama CD get released over here, in some way that is.

Don't know what you're talking about, she's obviously here Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2