• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Spinoff Manga Boruto Launches on May 9

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Yes more stories in the original Naruto universe. I hope he has lots of SasuNaru (pre epilogue) going on.
xchampion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Im interested to see what the one shot will be about. I also wonder if the Boruto Manga will actually be the length of a monthly manga or the length of a weekly manga released monthly? I dont think I can survive only reading 18 pages a month.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Yes more stories in the original Naruto universe. I hope he has lots of SasuNaru (pre epilogue) going on.

...Seriously? SasuNaru? Well, they ARE trying to get Boruto and Sarada hitched so... rip-of?

Either way, I'm not THAT enthused by this. Naruto is my favorite series (though I think the BEST series is canon FMA), but I felt the story was pretty much over with spoiler[the end of the war and Naruto becoming Hokage.] Making another series further hints that Jiraiya's peace was never gained, ruining the series' thematic development. This is little more than a cash-grab, just like all of the stuff that has come out since the manga ended (and the fillers).
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Making another series further hints that Jiraiya's peace was never gained.

Last I checked the villages are more or less at peace that says nothing about individual or independent threats to that peace.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

...Seriously? SasuNaru? Well, they ARE trying to get Boruto and Sarada hitched so... rip-of?

Either way, I'm not THAT enthused by this. Naruto is my favorite series (though I think the BEST series is canon FMA), but I felt the story was pretty much over with spoiler[the end of the war and Naruto becoming Hokage.] Making another series further hints that Jiraiya's peace was never gained, ruining the series' thematic development. This is little more than a cash-grab, just like all of the stuff that has come out since the manga ended (and the fillers).
It's not so much a thematic inconsistency as it is a shift in generational values. It'd be completely unrealistic and unlikely to have peace restored for all of eternity. And I highly doubt whatever issues do arise in this series will be on the magnitude of Madara and Obito's onslaught. Jiraiya's main values will still be embedded into the will of fire that encompasses every ninja's core. This series has always been big on parallels to the past and allusions to "what used to be" anyways.

That being said, I'm extremely ready for this new series. People will dub it a cash grab, and perhaps it is, but that doesn't dilute any excitement that I have. Kishimoto is supervising so he'll ensure things are still cohesive while letting a younger and capable writer take the helm for a slightly unique twist. I think this is a great recipe. I could be wrong though. But it's always cool to be optimistic!
Dextres

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Looking foward to Boruto manga in May! My sentiments exactly to XChampion in regards to the One-shot? Maybe we'll get some background information on how Mitsuki was born or something.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

What the hell do you mean by that???
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Oh. Oh dear.

At least its just monthly?
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:54 pm Reply with quote
why can't they let this series just die? it dropped in quality a long time ago
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Hoping this will be a comedic and somewhat childish version of the naruto-universe again. Shippuden tried to be serious, and we're fed up with it. Please go back to being quirky and funny and full of heart.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Shippuden tried to be serious, and we're fed up with it.

Funny I thought people were fed up with needless filler that refuses to end.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:53 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Ambimunch wrote:
Shippuden tried to be serious, and we're fed up with it.

Funny I thought people were fed up with needless filler that refuses to end.

It's as if we are stuck in a infinite loop.. OH SH**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shirohae

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

She/HE is not satisfy with NAruto ending up with Hinata. Laughing
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:00 am Reply with quote
Shirohae wrote:
animechic420 wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

She/HE is not satisfy with NAruto ending up with Hinata. Laughing

Actually he's probably just joking. Everyone likes to make fun of Naruto and Sasuke as being a romantic couple because of how "devoted" they are to each other over the course of the series (why the hell do you think they announced a drama CD about it several weeks ago?). Either way, SJ has been officially against gay things since recently (which is why the two lost their arms and had their blood connect as opposed to holding hands like Kishimoto originally envisioned), so it couldn't happen.

If you ARE correct, though, I'm personally a bit disappointed also, as Naruto's relationship with Sakura was FAR more balanced and developed than his one with Hinata. I guess Sakura will never catch a break, huh?
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:12 am Reply with quote
Given what we seen so far of the sequel, it's just rehash of the original series and Kishimoto milking the cow.

All due respect, I'll pass on Naruto GT.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3