• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross Delta TV Anime Reveals Theme Song & Singers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:31 pm Reply with quote
"Ikenai Borderline" is sung by a 14-year old? Damn... that's amazing. I love that song.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:00 pm Reply with quote
I friggin' love these character designs... to death
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering who did Mikumo's singing voice, since it definitely didn't sound like Ami Koshimizu. I'm very impressed that a 15-year-old can sound so mature.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
I was wondering who did Mikumo's singing voice, since it definitely didn't sound like Ami Koshimizu. I'm very impressed that a 15-year-old can sound so mature.

I was pretty surprised as well, although I probably shouldn't have been. Back in the 80s, the character, Eve, from Megazone 23 Parts I and II, was played by a 15 year-old, named Kumi Miyasato, who was both Eve's speaking and singing voice. She, too, sounded quite mature.
Splitter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Few things anime-related more excited than new Macross songs. If they are even half as good as what Frontier gave us, this anime is going to be the gift that keeps on giving all year long.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote
The songs are at least catchy but as a whole I feel they're already weaker than even the weakest Frontier song. That's really my biggest letdown after seeing the first episode (preview) of Delta. The soundtrack was very forgettable too Sad
pandoraking

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quote
"Ikenai Borderline" was a p solid song. insteresting composition aswell as vocals but ofc not at the same level as may'n. still looking forward to the theme songs
BenFotomi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:39 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
"Ikenai Borderline" is sung by a 14-year old? Damn... that's amazing. I love that song.

Indeed, pretty surprising! I also love the song...

Splitter wrote:
Few things anime-related more excited than new Macross songs. If they are even half as good as what Frontier gave us, this anime is going to be the gift that keeps on giving all year long.

I agreed with everything you wrote. If you have a chance to watch the Macross Frontier Galaxy Tour concert, I really recommend it.
Hersh31

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:46 pm Reply with quote
I would like to see this anime make it's way to Hulu with subs. Has anyone watched previous Macross films? What did you think? What was your favorite?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:01 am Reply with quote
Hersh31 wrote:
I would like to see this anime make it's way to Hulu with subs. Has anyone watched previous Macross films? What did you think? What was your favorite?

It making its way to any streaming platform in the West, unmolested, would be a triumph. The previous TV series fell into that weird 2008 crack between the "license everything for DVD" and "stream everything" phases of content delivery, so we'll never know if that was even procurable for a license. The newest Macross release we've had is already 22 years old, and the available DVDs for it and the original 1982 series should be tossed away because all this stuff should be out on BluRay here.

Easier than picking a favorite, I can just say my least favorite were Macross II: Lovers Again, though I need a second opinion BluRay rewatch, and Macross Zero which was long on visuals and excellent CG for 2002 but short on me caring about the story or characters.

Some people really underestimate it, but even just through fansubs, Macross Frontier really brought a lot of people into that fandom who had never watched Macross before. And unlike Gundam, getting a hang of Macross and exploring what it offers takes comparatively little time. You only have two real TV series that need to be seen: the original and Macross Frontier, with Macross 7 coming later if you've enjoyed everything else and want something more wacky. For shorter platforms, just the Macross Plus and Macross Zero OVAs because Macross II can be ignored for not being canon, and then there's three movies which are re-imaginings with completely new animation. There's still some miscellaneous material after that, but nothing crucial.
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:03 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Some people really underestimate it, but even just through fansubs, Macross Frontier really brought a lot of people into that fandom who had never watched Macross before.

Even though it was from the Macross Frontier movie Sayonara no Tsubasa, hearing May'n sing Kindan no Elixir live made me look for the Macross Frontier series and further discover the music.
Banken

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
Pleeeeeease let this show not suck.

I hope the plot isn't insanely convoluted.... which for some reason I get the feeling it will be now that humans (including zentreadi miclones) seem to be fighting each other again.
Lowlife187

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:04 am Reply with quote
I wish Yoko Kanno was back doing the music. Crying or Very sad

But i love Macross and we will see where this goes. Can't wait for April!
bumbayker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:

I hope the plot isn't insanely convoluted.... which for some reason I get the feeling it will be now that humans (including zentreadi miclones) seem to be fighting each other again.

Sounds like you didn't watch the pilot episode or weren't paying attention to it. The Zentradi and humans were fighting each other because they were infected with the Var Syndrome turning them very aggressive and hostile. Zentradi are more prone it since they were bred for war.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:14 pm Reply with quote
bumbayker wrote:
Banken wrote:

Sounds like you didn't watch the pilot episode or weren't paying attention to it. The Zentradi and humans were fighting each other because they were infected with the Var Syndrome turning them very aggressive and hostile. Zentradi are more prone it since they were bred for war.

I didn't even know it was out yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1