• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Licenses Rokka Novels/Manga, Isolator, Big Order, Murciélago, Smokin' Parade Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Ohhhh, Murciélago! Cool

Based what I've read from Erica's reviews, I'm so in! Kuroko almost reminds me of a lesbian Alucard (or go for the obvious look of Rip Van Winkle from Hellsing).
shuusei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:55 pm Reply with quote
I'll pick up Rokka but honestly the only novel series I REALLY want to see released stateside is HakoMari....
chito895

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I had a feeling they would announce Rokka. It is a novel I was looking forward to reading since the anime adaptation from last summer, which was my favorite anime of the year. I'll pick it up as soon as possible! Very Happy Very Happy
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Murciélago sounds like some great grindhouse schlock Very Happy I'll also might give the Rokka LN a shot.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to smokin parade
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Damn, the fan translations for Rokka were slow enough, now I'll have to wait years to finish volume 5.

Well, anyone who liked the anime should check out the novels. It's consistently good throughout.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I really wonder if Big Order is worth it because the anime was such a train wreck i wonder if the manga is any better that they decided its worth to pick it up *_*
+ 光

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Off all the things they could have licensed...

Interested in Rokka, though KonoSuba and Re;Zero's higher on my priority list.

I'm happy as Larry about Smokin' Parade though I wished Yen Press licensed something from Kadokawa's Young Ace too.
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:43 pm Reply with quote
There's a reason why Yen is probably my favorite manga publisher now. I just hope they don't overreach and pull a TokyoPop and crash the market.

Really excited for the Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers light novel (and the manga too). When everybody started saying that there wouldn't be anymore anime due to the sales, I was worried I'd never get to see any more of the story.

I recently saw Smokin' Parade on the Shounen Ace website, and thought it looked like something that might get licensed soon. Glad to see my intuition was correct; I might even read it if people say it's good.

I can't believe that they licensed Big Order. The anime was such a flop that I would think it would make people leery of the manga. I did find the anime strangely enjoyable in a "so-bad-it's-good" way (unlike ANN's episode reviewer), but I don't have any urge to delve into the manga.

No opinion on The Isolator or Murciélago. I haven't read the LN for the former, and the latter doesn't really look like something I would be interested in.
2Face21

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:04 pm Reply with quote
+ 光 wrote:
Off all the things they could have licensed...

Interested in Rokka, though KonoSuba and Re;Zero's higher on my priority list.

I'm happy as Larry about Smokin' Parade though I wished Yen Press licensed something from Kadokawa's Young Ace too.

Re;Zero is being released on the 19th this month by Yen-On.

So just wait a bit longer.

KonoSuba still has no official release date (what I've seen in Diamond Preview magazine)
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Cool, can't wait for Smokin' Parade.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:05 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
I really wonder if Big Order is worth it because the anime was such a train wreck i wonder if the manga is any better that they decided its worth to pick it up *_*

The manga is quite a bit better. The anime cut out a ton of stuff and added in incest. The anime hit all the main events of the manga, but left out a lot of moments in between, nuking a lot of character development. And the last 10 minutes were anime original. The manga started a whole new arc with (manga spoilers for the next story arc, albeit all of this is revealed within 3 chapters of the new arc starting) spoiler[A (sort of) second great destruction triggered and wiped out about a 50 mile radius around where Sena, Gennai, Eiji, and everyone was. Eiji and Rin survived because of her Rebirth Fire. Eiji is looking Sena, and it appears like Sena has become the new Daisy and are creating Orders. Also, the Assembly of Ten's mission is finished and are no longer supporting Eiji. It's all Eiji and Rin now.]
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Sigh...still waiting for clockwork planet. Maybe it will get picked up after the anime comes out.
Melicans

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:13 pm Reply with quote
So happy about Rokka. Did they give any indication of when they plan to start releasing the LN? I didn't see it mentioned in the article.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
KonoSuba still has no official release date (what I've seen in Diamond Preview magazine)

The Konosuba Light Novel is actually planned to be released in November.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2