• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Danganronpa 3 Anime Adds Kana Hanazawa as Chiaki Nanami

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:30 am Reply with quote
best girl is back?
navycherub

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:05 am Reply with quote
Am I missing something or is this gonna take some really specific explaining?
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:18 am Reply with quote
navycherub wrote:
Am I missing something or is this gonna take some really specific explaining?

Oh trust me, this news has taken everyone by surprise. Her unexpected presence is bound to play some kind of crazy part in this story.

These two Danganronpa 3 series' are turning out to be more and more interesting, lol.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote
On one hand I welcome this seeing as she's my favourite character in the entire Danganronpa series.

On the other... OH BOY this is going to take some explaining.
Aster Selene

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:33 am Reply with quote
I mean the easiest explanation is that spoiler[nobody ever said a girl named Chiaki Nanami doesn't actually exist].
Scherzo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:41 am Reply with quote
Is it too much to hope that NISA dubs this instead of Funimation? I much prefer NISA's dubs for the DR games than Funimation's for the series.
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Scherzo wrote:
Is it too much to hope that NISA dubs this instead of Funimation? I much prefer NISA's dubs for the DR games than Funimation's for the series.

on the bright side Bryce Papenbrook and Johnny Yong Bosh are probably going to be the two VAs that will come back as they voice Makoto and Hajime respectively (and Bryce was also Nagito but I hate that psychotic little fudge)
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Aster Selene wrote:
I mean the easiest explanation is that spoiler[nobody ever said a girl named Chiaki Nanami doesn't actually exist].

I'm confident that Chiaki said spoiler[she doesn't exist], but Monokuma has the power to spoiler[manipulate memories and could've used Chiaki's words to elicit greater despair. It really did upset the group.]
Cetais

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Happiness for Subaru wrote:
but Monokuma has the power to spoiler[manipulate memories and could've used Chiaki's words to elicit greater despair. It really did upset the group.]
In the beginning of DR2, this wasn't because of Monokuma, it was because of spoiler[getting into the Neo World Program.Monokuma can only erase memories (in DR1) nothing more.]
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Call me when they bring back Christine Cabanos as Chiaki Nanami.
Aster Selene

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Aster Selene wrote:

I'm confident that Chiaki said spoiler[she doesn't exist], but Monokuma has the power to spoiler[manipulate memories and could've used Chiaki's words to elicit greater despair. It really did upset the group.]

What I mean is that spoiler[the "Nanami" in 2 most certainly is an AI and does not actually exist as a human, but since 3 is a prequel it doesn't preclude the existence of a girl bearing her name and title, and potentially getting killed.]

I might be reading into this too much, but the website profile mentions Nanami is having a favorite game she particularly likes; in 2 she didn't seem to ever voice a particular preference unless I'm remembering wrong.
Scherzo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
Call me when they bring back Christine Cabanos as Chiaki Nanami.

If Funi gets their grubby hands on, that ain't happening. And then we'll never get more spoiler[A.I.!Madoka D:][/spoiler]
Faeris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:08 am Reply with quote
*reads the news*

WHAT???
Faeris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:13 am Reply with quote
Aster Selene wrote:
Aster Selene wrote:

What I mean is that spoiler[the "Nanami" in 2 most certainly is an AI and does not actually exist as a human, but since 3 is a prequel it doesn't preclude the existence of a girl bearing her name and title, and potentially getting killed.]

I might be reading into this too much, but the website profile mentions Nanami is having a favorite game she particularly likes; in 2 she didn't seem to ever voice a particular preference unless I'm remembering wrong.

what if spoiler[she was actually a girl that had a tragic ending? I mean, she is an AI later on but do we specifically know that she wasn't based on a actual human being? (or did they rule it out? maybe I'm forgetting something here)]
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:17 am Reply with quote
Scherzo wrote:
If Funi gets their grubby hands on, that ain't happening. And then we'll never get more spoiler[A.I.!Madoka D:]

Then again, Funimation was able to have Christine Cabanos reprise Nepgear for the Neptunia anime, so who knows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1