• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trinity Seven Manga Inspires Anime Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I never expected that to happen. As long as best girl is in it then I'm fine.
hurafloyd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I really hope they pick up where they left from the series. Don't make up some original story or crap...
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully it's a continuation of the tv series, instead of just another recap movie. Especially since the OVA ends with hints of characters that show up later in the manga.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Well this is really a surprise....i know that Trinity Seven had a bit of a following even more in the west but i did not think it was popular enough for it to have more anime made. the series only sold 3.4k back home. Well good for the fans i guess....i might check it out in the near future.
COREY2293

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Shocked, i guess there is a chance for a 2nd season after all
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:38 am Reply with quote
That came outta left field Shocked

Quite a few movie announcements in the last month or so. I hope it will be a sequel to the TV show, but if it's a recap movie, maybe there'll some new content at the end to clear the way for a second season, like some of the recap movies have done before.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:36 am Reply with quote
Awesome news since Arata is one of the best harem guys. Already read the manga and i really hope they adapt from where the anime left off but kinda got a feeling they might make an original as we lately see with the movies(accel world,SAO,mahouka etc)...
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:22 am Reply with quote
COREY2293 wrote:
Shocked, i guess there is a chance for a 2nd season after all

Think of all the anime movies you can that followed up a series. Now think of how many of those movies have been followed up by another series. Not very encouraging, is it?

The only thing I have against anime movies are our odds of seeing them (legally) in the west, especially streaming, as opposed to coming out on disc 2 years or more later. We've seen a few successes in that regard, but far more failures.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I think the manga done, so it would shock me in the lease that movie will be retelling and arcing the rest of manga in 1 swoop.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I am very excited about this. Trinity Seven was one of my favourite series of 2014 and was a lot better than one would expect from a harem series. It helps that it was actually pretty focused, and the racier content was just treated as another part of the series, and not something to freak out about (much like how it's treated in series like Highschool DxD).

So, I'm truly excited about this one. I never expected any animated continuation in any format, but the fact that it's a movie is pretty cool. Now to question whether they're going to be covering content from the manga after the anime's end, or if they're going to go an all original route? I'm fine with either direction, I just hope that Sentai will pick this one up as well!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1