• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Clean Up Page Request

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marissa Lenti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:13 am Reply with quote
[Please delete this thread, thank you!]

Last edited by Marissa Lenti on Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Marissa Lenti wrote:
These are the edits I'd love to see implemented, if anyone finds themselves with the time:
- The credit 'Mahan in "Victory Belles"' has a tag that reads '(video game)' afterwards. Could it be changed to '(VG)' to match the rest of the page?

I've done this. I went with the name of the character "USS Mahan" as it appears on your website. Is that alright? (not familiar with the game)
Marissa Lenti wrote:
- Removing the specific episode tags on Dagashi Kashi and Ultimate Otaku Teacher for uniformity with the rest of the page.

I'd prefer not to do this. If this is to be fixed to be more uniform, it needs to be the other way around, with the episodes being added to the rest of the credits. If a cast or staff member is not in every episode, then it is helpful to have the numbers listed so users will know which episode(s) they appear.
Marissa Lenti wrote:
- Changing the Ultimate Otaku Teacher credit to say 'as Mrs. Chinami' rather than having a semi-colon, for uniformity with the other character roles.

The semicolon is what happens with any listing where there's more than one role for a single cast member. The first role is unnamed credits, in which case the "as" doesn't appear at all. I think I would prefer unnamed credits to be listed last, though I can't do anything about this myself. This would require changes to the Encyclopedia itself and should be mentioned in the Encyclopedia Suggestion List thread if you think it should be changed.
Marissa Lenti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
I've done this. I went with the name of the character "USS Mahan" as it appears on your website. Is that alright? (not familiar with the game).

Yes, that's correct! Thank you for making that change. But now it says (Japanese) in parentheses after the credit, for some reason?

EmperorBrandon wrote:
I'd prefer not to do this. If this is to be fixed to be more uniform, it needs to be the other way around, with the episodes being added to the rest of the credits. If a cast or staff member is not in every episode, then it is helpful to have the numbers listed so users will know which episode(s) they appear.

Oh... alright. I can understand that. I just find the episode tags to be so distracting, I was hoping they could be removed. But I get your reasons. Thank you, regardless.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Marissa Lenti wrote:
But now it says (Japanese) in parentheses after the credit, for some reason?

Oops, looks like I wasn't paying enough attention to the language. Thanks for pointing it out.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1