• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation's A Silent Voice Surpasses K-ON! Film by Earning 1.91 Billion Yen

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:06 am Reply with quote
Hope this give more chances for Kyoto Animation to do more works in the future.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote
I'm curious. Does anyone know where the movie ends?

I'll watch it, but I hope they found a decent stopping place rather than cramming everything in a few hours.
aiem

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:02 am Reply with quote
Well deserved. But do I hope so bad that it screens in NA.
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:05 am Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:

I'll watch it, but I hope they found a decent stopping place rather than cramming everything in a few hours.

The movie is like 2 hours and 40 minutes long. I think with that running time they could get away with covering more or less everything, with some trimming here and there. The trailer at least shows spoiler[Shoko's attempted suicide,] meaning the movie would have to cover at least up to the end of volume 5... and if you're gonna go that far, it would make little sense not to finish the story.

I mean I don't know, I haven't seen it... but I would assume it ends the same way as the manga does.
OrangeVision

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:40 am Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:

Movie ending, spoilers obviously:

spoiler[It ends with Shouya conquering his fear of people in the middle of the crowd, the X's fall off and he cries.]

I haven't read the manga so I don't know if that's how it ends. The movie did feel like it tried to cram in a lot of things, though.
Woomy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:25 am Reply with quote
I wish I could find some way to watch this film soon. I really enjoyed the books as I randomly picked it up one day, and spent the rest of that day completing the series.

Let me experience my feels on the screen.
Actar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:38 am Reply with quote
I have to wonder why humans are attracted to stuff that makes them feel sad. It's always a question I had from young since my country loves to make corny adverts that are steeped in drama.
Lord Starfish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:46 am Reply with quote
OrangeVision wrote:
encrypted12345 wrote:

spoiler[It ends with Shouya conquering his fear of people in the middle of the crowd, the X's fall off and he cries.]

I haven't read the manga so I don't know if that's how it ends. The movie did feel like it tried to cram in a lot of things, though.

Okay, then it doesn't quite reach the end of the manga as there were a few more chapters after that. Only like, five though, and the final chapter doesn't really give much in the way of closure anyway so... yeah, that sounds like a decent way to end it.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:40 am Reply with quote
Maybe I'm just tired still, but I didn't see how many TICKETS K-ON! sold. I always find it unfair to compare to pure money made with older movies since ticket prices (at least everywhere else in the world) go up a lot every year, so less needs to be sold to make more money.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:07 am Reply with quote
2 hours and 40 min? Damn, that's one long movie lol Would probably take me like 3-4 days to finish it.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:14 pm Reply with quote
OrangeVision wrote:
encrypted12345 wrote:

That's almost where the manga ends, but not quite. Most of the stuff after that is epilogue stuff anyways.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
I have to wonder why humans are attracted to stuff that makes them feel sad. It's always a question I had from young since my country loves to make corny adverts that are steeped in drama.

It's a way for people to release strong emotion and feel peaceful for a bit, after the tears that is. Look up catharsis.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1