• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Koei Tecmo Trademarks 'Seiken Musou' Title

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
methedemon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:28 am Reply with quote
man..I remember when it was just the Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors now it's like the Dynasty series isn't even Koei's main franchise. they make a "warriors' game for every anime or movie. One Piece, Berserk, Gundam, Arslan, Attack on Titan, etc

which reminds me, where the heck is Dynasty Warriors 9?
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am Reply with quote
Considering that "Seiken" (聖剣), literally translates to "Holy Sword," I don't think that we can necessarily connect it to Seiken Densetsu.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Considering that "Seiken" (聖剣), literally translates to "Holy Sword," I don't think that we can necessarily connect it to Seiken Densetsu.

I agree. It's just a name, but on the other hand, a Mana musou would be seriously killer.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:19 pm Reply with quote
methedemon wrote:
man..I remember when it was just the Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors now it's like the Dynasty series isn't even Koei's main franchise. they make a "warriors' game for every anime or movie. One Piece, Berserk, Gundam, Arslan, Attack on Titan, etc

which reminds me, where the heck is Dynasty Warriors 9?

It's announced. As for DW being Koei's main franchise... I'd argue that it was never the case for Japan itself, despite the huge popularity of DW series. Sure, both DW and SW are crucial to Koei, but Neoromance series (Angelique, Harukanaru Toki no Naka de and La Corda d'Oro) are as popular as the Warriors series (Attack on Titan managed to get both Musou game and a VN by Ruby Party, for example) and Nobunaga's Ambition (Nobunaga no Yabou) series is pretty much a household name. And we're not even touching Tecmo or Gust sides of the company.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:26 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Nobunaga's Ambition (Nobunaga no Yabou) series is pretty much a household name

Nobunaga's Ambition even crossed over with Pokemon!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1