• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, May 22-28

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:36 am Reply with quote
What a week. Awesome. Strike The Blu-Ray ends on a good note. Season 3 when Anime gods? You won't give me Index III. Can you at least give me STB III?
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:17 am Reply with quote
Since there's still no news of Taneda Risa coming back from whatever illness that cause her to stop all VA activities since last September, STB3 seems unlikely to happen anytime soon, unless they're going to change the voice of one half of the main duo.

There was even a NicoLive for STB recently and Taneda Risa was not present. Hayama Ikumi took her place as co-host with Hidaka Rina with guests appearance of Senbongi Ayaka and Watada Misaki.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:28 am Reply with quote
Idols and ice skating are ruling again. Imagine an anime that combines both.
Samiamiam

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:44 am Reply with quote
The king takes his crown. Wont even be close either. Yuri on Ice will have a massive 10k+ higher average than the second highest seller of 2016. (Which is Love Live Sunshine) GBF so crushed that it didn't even stand a chance for a thumbnail. Guess it'll have to wait till next month.
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:20 am Reply with quote
GBF needs to catch up. I wonder when they are going to release the first LoveLive Sunshine Live on DVD already!! Probably after the Happy Party Train Tour though.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:05 am Reply with quote
Cygames gone full boost with their bonuses, with the two of their spring series (Granblue Fantasy and Im@s CG Gekijou) sitting on the top of the disc sales.

FD2Raptor wrote:
Since there's still no news of Taneda Risa coming back from whatever illness that cause her to stop all VA activities since last September, STB3 seems unlikely to happen anytime soon, unless they're going to change the voice of one half of the main duo.
They're need to change all of the main duo cast, by the way - Yoshimasa Hosoya (Kojou VA) also stopped his activities because of illness for this year.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Samiamiam wrote:
The king takes his crown. Wont even be close either. Yuri on Ice will have a massive 10k+ higher average than the second highest seller of 2016. (Which is Love Live Sunshine) GBF so crushed that it didn't even stand a chance for a thumbnail. Guess it'll have to wait till next month.

Maybe in this race, but it does get nudged from the sidelines. Kemono Friends averages around 60000+ copies per volume(ie guidebook with BD attached). But as said, it isn't listed in this category...
Proud2bPnoy

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Yurio's Welcome to the madness power pack booster concludes the final massive sales of YOI, gz, but terrible ending tho I only stayed for the lesbian pair+plot. GBF still slaying ty to Cygame's mad marketing skills, Idolmaster vs. SunshineS2 bluray war will never happen but LL still beats it in whatever anyway.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Awesome that Idolmaster is faring very well at No 2.! Smile
BanG Dream seems to have performed better than I expected, considering the lukewarm reception it initially had...
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Samiamiam wrote:

Maybe in this race, but it does get nudged from the sidelines. Kemono Friends averages around 60000+ copies per volume(ie guidebook with BD attached). But as said, it isn't listed in this category...

Oh yeah!? Where can I see these numbers. I've been wondering what the numbers for that were. ANN should report on them as well.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:14 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Oh yeah!? Where can I see these numbers. I've been wondering what the numbers for that were. ANN should report on them as well.

See previous thread of Kemono Friends starting here;
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4918990#4918990
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Wow, amazing! Very Happy Very Happy
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Samiamiam wrote:

It's important to note that printed copies aren't necessarily sold copies -for instance, there was a time in which numerous subsequent One Piece manga volumes broke print records with over 4 million copies, yet I don't think any volume did ever reach those 4 million in reported sales- and that those guidebook/BD combos are half the price than regular anime DVD/BD.

And heeellish Christ, I was NOT expecting YOI 6 to have such a huge boost. I'm still in disbelief that a show that was hardly in the Japanese audience's radar before it aired (I don't think it even made the top 20 in Charapedia's usual poll?) ended up becoming the best selling anime of the year and with an average 10K advantage over the second place, Love Live Sunshine
Songster01

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:22 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Blanchimont wrote:
Samiamiam wrote:

It's important to note that printed copies aren't necessarily sold copies -for instance, there was a time in which numerous subsequent One Piece manga volumes broke print records with over 4 million copies, yet I don't think any volume did ever reach those 4 million in reported sales- and that those guidebook/BD combos are half the price than regular anime DVD/BD.

And heeellish Christ, I was NOT expecting YOI 6 to have such a huge boost. I'm still in disbelief that a show that was hardly in the Japanese audience's radar before it aired (I don't think it even made the top 20 in Charapedia's usual poll?) ended up becoming the best selling anime of the year

Yes, having the last volume have the biggest first-week sales (even bigger than vol. 1) is quite unusual.

And the popularity of the show shows how little the "just fujoshi like it" applies to YOI. Compare the sales numbers of YOI to yaoi series and you'll see how much it outpaces them. Most of the people I know who adore YOI are queer like me and not fujoshi/fudanshi (though some are both). But the appeal is broad among non-queer, non-fujoshi/fudanshi fans too, because golly, we YOI fans love it for many reasons. Brilliant depiction of competitive figure skating; superb storytelling; vivid, compelling characters; wonderful music; and, oh yes, a heartwarming queer romantic subplot between the leads. So much to love!
Suena

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Idols and ice skating are ruling again. Imagine an anime that combines both.

So, the new King of Prism movie?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2