Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Vannil



Joined: 14 Jun 2016
Posts: 228
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is highly unexpected from Funi. I thought RightStuf would have gotten the rights since they have many of the other Gundam series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ggultra2764
Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire


Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Posts: 3343
Location: New York state.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Must admit this was unexpected as I assumed Rightstuf had exclusive rights to releasing the Gundam franchise stateside. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TymersRealm



Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Posts: 93
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm more surprised about what is being included in the Limited Edition. Normally, the regular version of that kit runs about $25-$30. And that is just for the Barbatos (Version 4). The Rifle is a part of a options kit that runs like $7-$8.

I already have the regular version, but it might be worth getting this Limited Edition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dragonrider_cody



Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 2489
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't this announced months ago when they started dubbing it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vannil



Joined: 14 Jun 2016
Posts: 228
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:18 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Wasn't this announced months ago when they started dubbing it?

They really only announced that it was being dubbed, not who would be distributing it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K-Anime



Joined: 10 Jul 2015
Posts: 52
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, unexpected. Also considering that Sunrise with Bang Zoom already did the English dubs. It did take a while for season 1 to get a home release after it finished airing on Toonami.

I'd only buy season 1, as season 2 is dead to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KH91



Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 6176
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Finally. Hoping Season 2 releases in the 1st half of 2018.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dragonrider_cody



Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Posts: 2489
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Vannil wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Wasn't this announced months ago when they started dubbing it?

They really only announced that it was being dubbed, not who would be distributing it.


Yes, but how often does Funimation dub a show that ends up being distributed by another home video company?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gemnist



Joined: 10 Feb 2016
Posts: 1407
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Not entirely surprising since they streamed the sub, but a pleasant surprise nonetheless.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Punch Drunk Marc



Joined: 04 Oct 2013
Posts: 993
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:39 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Vannil wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Wasn't this announced months ago when they started dubbing it?

They really only announced that it was being dubbed, not who would be distributing it.


Yes, but how often does Funimation dub a show that ends up being distributed by another home video company?


Funimation didn't dub it though, unless they outsourced it to BangZoom. It's basically a similar situation to Seven Deadly Sins. They didn't dub that in house but they released it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
3ngag3



Joined: 16 Oct 2015
Posts: 85
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:53 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Finally. Hoping Season 2 releases in the 1st half of 2018.


You can watch the dub on Toonami in October.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vannil



Joined: 14 Jun 2016
Posts: 228
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Vannil wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Wasn't this announced months ago when they started dubbing it?

They really only announced that it was being dubbed, not who would be distributing it.


Yes, but how often does Funimation dub a show that ends up being distributed by another home video company?


Funimation didn't dub it though, unless they outsourced it to BangZoom. It's basically a similar situation to Seven Deadly Sins. They didn't dub that in house but they released it.


BangZoom did the dub and the dub of the first season premiered on Toonami earlier in the year, they (Sunrise) never annouced who would hold the licence to release it for home release.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Takkun4343



Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Posts: 741
Location: Gahanna, Ohio
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:09 pm Reply with quote
But wait, you're forgetting the most important part!

Toonami's premiering it this October.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Ambimunch



Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 1996
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Cool, now Funi, push out SEED and 00 as well please (since Rightstuf clearly has no intention beyond older shows)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lynx Amali



Joined: 05 Nov 2010
Posts: 1203
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Cool, now Funi, push out SEED and 00 as well please (since Rightstuf clearly has no intention beyond older shows)


Implying something there that might not be true. If that were the case, why is RS doing Thunderbolt and G-Reco?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group