• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Anime's 1st Promo Video Previews Story

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:16 am Reply with quote
I am so incredibly HYPED for this to be released. (oh dear I just realized I made a terrible pun. I'll see myself out).
Actar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:37 am Reply with quote
Okay... I have to admit, that wasn't too shabby at all. Much better animation than what we saw in the OVA. Artstyle will still take a bit of getting used to. Sakura's theme definitely helps. Now to see if they can actually follow up with a good story that can live up to the original. Hopefully, they give a good explanation for the events that take place as opposed to "we need more cards and a new wand for toys!".
manapear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:57 am Reply with quote
Yay~! I'm SO excited! Madhouse looks like they're really delivering! I wonder how nostalgic it feels for them. ^u^

Wondering if when it gets localized though, if NISA will still grab the rights. I kind of hope not, but whatevs. I'm just eager to buy up the manga and the anime~.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:53 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I am so incredibly HYPED for this to be released. (oh dear I just realized I made a terrible pun. I'll see myself out).

my main worry is that i hope they do not follow in the current magical girl genre trap and pander to the hardcore otaku community.

i mean with sakura's love interest no longer there, it will give those fanservice otakus all the reasons to ship a possible yuri romance between sakura and tomoyo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:46 pm Reply with quote
If it were pandering to otaku, they'd 'moefy' her.
PsychoPearl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm so excited! It looks amazing!! <3
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
my main worry is that i hope they do not follow in the current magical girl genre trap and pander to the hardcore otaku community

This is my main fear too because Sakura and Syaoran together was my favorite parts of original manga/anime. I want this series stay true to original as much as possible
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:47 pm Reply with quote
manapear wrote:
Wondering if when it gets localized though, if NISA will still grab the rights. I kind of hope not, but whatevs. I'm just eager to buy up the manga and the anime~.

NISA stopped licensing anime a while ago and this new show will depend on who is the Japanese licensor since the first series' international rights were split between 3 companies (NHK for the show, Bandai Visual for movie 1 & Kodansha for movie 2).

If it's Kodansha then FUNimation is very likely to get it since they almost work exclusively with them these days (hence why movie 2 has yet to get rescued by anybody here) but it will be interesting to see what they do with a dub cast since movie 2 was a LA union dub (not that it has stopped FUNi before but we don't know how long this show will be) and they sorta have their own main cast from the Tsubasa dub who are still around so I guess we'll see.
BlueCatMage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:51 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* After seeing that promo I'm kind of annoyed that CCS is getting the absolute premium royal treatment while other shows which had their anniversary showcasing got some pretty horrible treatments. Don't get me wrong - I'm honestly thrilled that at least one classic anime is finally being done right and desperately pray other possible coming shows get the same future attention too. I just wish some previous ones like SMC and Berserk had been given the same love and care.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:08 pm Reply with quote
I would have preferred the sequel to start in her highschool.
Then clamp could have given us a new seifuku. Smile
manapear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:51 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

NISA stopped licensing anime a while ago and this new show will depend on who is the Japanese licensor since the first series' international rights were split between 3 companies (NHK for the show, Bandai Visual for movie 1 & Kodansha for movie 2).

If it's Kodansha then FUNimation is very likely to get it since they almost work exclusively with them these days (hence why movie 2 has yet to get rescued by anybody here) but it will be interesting to see what they do with a dub cast since movie 2 was a LA union dub (not that it has stopped FUNi before but we don't know how long this show will be) and they sorta have their own main cast from the Tsubasa dub who are still around so I guess we'll see.

Oh, I didn't know they stopped. And yeah, the first series was kinda all over in that regard.

Huh. Interesting~. Thanks for all the info!
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:05 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
If it were pandering to otaku, they'd 'moefy' her.

It still won't stop fan artist from doing what they do, you can ask zac about that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1