• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Tokyo Ghoul GN 14

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Rebecca, the themes presented are definitely worthy of savoring (I was expecting some Nakama power-up during the final battle, then I realize this is not a shouen Anime hyper )

If I did not know Tokyo Ghoul are exist, I would finding the ending a bit too abrupt and inconclusive, glad it does exist though. So Re vol 1, here I come!!
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:47 am Reply with quote
Wow, really love this review. Definitely a lot of themes I missed when first reading it online. I still have to pick up the rest of this series but the ending to TG was so powerful to me I thought about it nonstop for weeks. I’m going to make sure I think of these themes while reading this again.
Liri-kun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:40 pm Reply with quote
"If nothing else, we can hope that they learn, as the not-so-good doctor did in 1818, not to meddle with things beyond their KEN."

Very Happy nice pun, intentional or not!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1