• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/Extra: Last Encore (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:30 am Reply with quote

Fate/Extra: Last Encore (TV)

Genres: Action, Magic, Fantasy
Themes:

Plot Summary: Waking up in a strange virtual world with no recollection of the past, Hakuno finds himself forced to fight for survival in a war he does not understand for a prize beyond value; the opportunity to have one's wish granted. With only an enigmatic "Servant" by his side, Hakuno Kishinami will have to face both friends and foes in battles to the death in order to not only gain possession of a mysterious object known as the "Holy Grail," but also to find the answer to the most important question of all: "Who am I?"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 1:

I think the art/visual style works for this show so far. From what I've seen it, the details are there and while it isn't ufotable-tier, the episode itself remains stylish from the trailers and quality.

Glad to see some of the main characters introduced already in the first episode. From Red Saber making her appearance to the classroom scene and chess game, this really did feel like what I'd expect from Fate/Extra so far.

Not sure how I feel about Shinji so far.

Regardless, I think this first epsiode made a nice impression so far for more to come. (I'm actually impressed by the way the music is used). The violence is also colorful with psychology and Shaft-style craftmanship. Overall, good start and I'm looking forward to more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1