• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kokkoku (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:08 am Reply with quote

Kokkoku (TV)

Genres: drama, mystery, psychological, science fiction, supernatural, thriller
Themes: butterfly effect, conspiracy, time travel, tragedy

Plot Summary: In order to save her brother and nephew who have been kidnapped by a mysterious religious group known as the Genuine Love Society, Juri and her family cast a spell using a stone hidden by her grandfather to enter the world of stopped time known as Stasis. However, when they infiltrate the kidnapper's base, they're met by other people who can also move about freely.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 1:

I think it's a decent start so far. Juri's character may take some time to get used to but suited for her role well. The first half of the episode really brings a lot of eerie moments and has a thriller-feel to the story.

For now, Juri's life has changed forever.

I'm not sure how many episodes this will have but the manga is compete so expecting a full adaptation.

The animation style also works for this show although I can't say it's visually impressive. It works but I'm curious to see how consistent Geno Studio will adapt the rest of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I dug the first episode enough that I am pretty intrigued. A good thing I did not read the description above first, rather than be genuinely surprised by the episode's events
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:48 am Reply with quote
Yeah, loved the hell out of this. Like DP, I was glad I knew virtually nothing about the show going in. The surprises just kept coming. And that ED... *drools*
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Kind of crazy that this series was mostly over a single moment. The majority of the show also had that single moment being a continuous events, that did not let up, and only starting to get some rest in the last couple episodes. With this episode being over months in that single moment. Things were looking pretty bleak, that a happy moment would not come, but we ended up having one. Sagawa even seemed to have a happy ending, getting what he lacked.

The women did feel a little like coming out of nowhere, but then I remembered that she appeared right at the start of the show as something, and was not really explained. I guess goes to show there was a lot more that was really not known. Presumably Juri became more informed, and maybe a combination of that and raising a son, gave her a good amount of direction that she was having problems with at the start.

I did enjoy the show. There always seemed to be a new cliffhanger, that it often felt hard to really know what to talk about after any one episode, as things could change. And I liked how it handled its themes and situation, it was well put together. I give a rating of Good (7/10), it is worth watching.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1