• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hulu Adds Kill La Kill, Sword Art Online II English Dubs

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I wish they would add the English dubs to Netflix too. Both Kill Ka Lill and SAO II have been streaming on Netflix for ages but they're still both subtitled only for some reason.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Oh Hulu? Great...joy happiness and everything that comes with it. Aniplex really doesn't like Canadians lol. Guess I'll still be waiting to watch Kill la kill.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I wish they would add the English dubs to Netflix too. Both Kill Ka Lill and SAO II have been streaming on Netflix for ages but they're still both subtitled only for some reason.

Yeah and OPM and AoT are still subbed as far as I know. Netflix is really weird with how they handle dubs and licensed shows in general.

Just a few examples: They just got the final few episodes of FMAB around a month ago even though that show has been done for years, same thing with Fairy Tail. Netflix still only has the first season (the first 48 episodes) and they are using Madman's promo instead of Funi's. Then there is the fact that they don't have the dub for Gunslinger Girl (at first I thought it was because Funi no longer had the license, but that's clearly not the case), and it took them a while to get the dubs for both Bleach and Naruto as well.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Time to rewatch KLK! I’ve heard good things about the dub, but Aniplex hasn’t made it legal to stream at all, so I’ve been waiting.
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Yeah and OPM and AoT are still subbed as far as I know. Netflix is really weird with how they handle dubs and licensed shows in general.

Just a few examples: They just got the final few episodes of FMAB around a month ago even though that show has been done for years, same thing with Fairy Tail. Netflix still only has the first season (the first 48 episodes) and they are using Madman's promo instead of Funi's. Then there is the fact that they don't have the dub for Gunslinger Girl (at first I thought it was because Funi no longer had the license, but that's clearly not the case), and it took them a while to get the dubs for both Bleach and Naruto as well.

Not to mention Netflix had Hunter x Hunter for three years and never added past episode 100 (it has 148 episodes).
xchampion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:30 pm Reply with quote
It's about time. I've been waiting for the English Dub of SAO 2 for legal streaming forever. I missed it originally on Toonami and did not want to pay AoA outrageous pricing. Now only if they'd do the same thing for Ordinal Scale, but I'd probably have to wait another 3 years for that. Haha
DamianSalazar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:

It's the same in the UK, only YLIA and KLK don't have their dubs on.
1dbad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:36 pm Reply with quote
I've already seen Kill la Kill's dub, but I'm glad they're making it available for streaming at last. I wish English dubs were added to streaming services more often.

It's also good to hear Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V is finally getting added to Hulu. I figured it was coming after Nicktoons saying they were skipping the second season altogether. 4K Media would be wise to start releasing their dubs on there from the start, considering how badly Nicktoons has been treating it.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:47 pm Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
It's also good to hear Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V is finally getting added to Hulu. I figured it was coming after Nicktoons saying they were skipping the second season altogether. 4K Media would be wise to start releasing their dubs on there from the start, considering how badly Nicktoons has been treating it.

I'm with ya on that, I'm so glad I can watch Arc-V's Second Season legally now. And hopefully when VRAINS gets dubbed, they can put it on a another channel like Disney Anime hyper, it's working for Pokemon.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

I'm assume FMA got caught up in the conflict between Aniplex and Funimation but now Aniplex has complete control over FMA so now it's probably easier for Netflix to get all the episodes.
1dbad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:39 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
I'm with ya on that, I'm so glad I can watch Arc-V's Second Season legally now. And hopefully when VRAINS gets dubbed, they can put it on a another channel like Disney Anime hyper, it's working for Pokemon.

Sadly it sounds like VRains is stuck with Nicktoons. Nicktoons said part of why they're skipping Arc-V's second season is due to a new series premiering in fall.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Question:

If Hulu is getting dubbed Kill La Kill, Sword Art Online II, and the first two seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V, does that mean Yahoo View gets them too?
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:41 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
If Hulu is getting dubbed Kill La Kill, Sword Art Online II, and the first two seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V, does that mean Yahoo View gets them too?

After searching for a couple minutes on [url]because.moe[/url], it does not appear that any Aniplex title streaming on Hulu is on Yahoo.
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Still holding out for a license-rescue of Kill la Kill from a company like Discotek or Funimation, since the Aniplex discs were too expensive.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:53 pm Reply with quote
FLCLGainax wrote:
Still holding out for a license-rescue of Kill la Kill from a company like Discotek or Funimation, since the Aniplex discs were too expensive.

I agree a hella lot. I wish AoA would give their right to a company whose dvd/blu-ray prices DON'T cost an arm or a leg.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2