• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Peace Books Licenses Hinamatsuri, I Hear the Sunspot: Limit Manga, Reprise of the Spear He

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngryMoM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Glad someone picked up Hinamatsuri.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Good to see the spinoff of The Rising of the Shield Hero get licensed. Also the first episode of Hinamatsuri has some great comedy in it so I am interested in the manga.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm quite pleased they licensed IHTS: Limit. I loved the other books in the series.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:02 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I'm quite pleased they licensed IHTS: Limit. I loved the other books in the series.

Same here. Read the first book recently and loved it, and just ordered the second yesterday.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Yay, good job One Peace Books, you licensed a manga I actually really like, Hinamatsuri.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:16 pm Reply with quote
They also seem to be going forward with their Mikagura School Suite license, as after about a year of not hearing anything about it, the second and third light novels are up for preorder on Amazon.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I was beyond surprised to see a One Peace sale on Rightstuf (at long last) so I took the opportunity to order more I Hear the Sunspot! Can't wait for v2 to arrive and now v3 is confirmed, hooray!
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I've heard a lot of bad things about "One Peace" over the years so I've never ordered anything from them. Generally in reviews I see things about how there are often a good amount of obvious typos, text bubbles being misaligned, lettering errors and words being cut off, among other things. Hopefully they've improved their standards and general quality recently, I'd like to pick up Hinamatsuri.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:10 am Reply with quote
One Peace will definitely be getting some more of my money with Spear Hero.

Hinamatsuri is a maybe. Kinda liked the first episode, but will watch the whole anime before I decide on getting the manga.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:11 am Reply with quote
Can’t be certain how the anime will go, but the Hinamatsuri manga starts well and just keeps getting better.

I was finding Shield Hero very interesting until the 10-yr-old-love-interest thing cratered my motivation to keep reading. Skimming ahead it looked to me as if it was losing focus from there anyway, but could be wrong about that.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 am Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:
I was finding Shield Hero very interesting until the 10-yr-old-love-interest thing cratered my motivation to keep reading. Skimming ahead it looked to me as if it was losing focus from there anyway, but could be wrong about that.
I have read all of the volumes that have been released in english and the series is a good adventure story. The series does have a few questonable elements but nothing objectionable has happened in it. When the anime gets released it will be controversial since spoiler[the first major betrayal in the series is that the Shield Hero gets falsely accused of rape in order to destroy his reputation. I think the series handles it well and it is the type of story that currently can't be published in the western world.]
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:32 am Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
When the anime gets released it will be controversial since spoiler[the first major betrayal in the series is that the Shield Hero gets falsely accused of rape in order to destroy his reputation. I think the series handles it well and it is the type of story that currently can't be published in the western world.]

That's literally the plot of a Wire in the Blood episode, Chrono, so I guess your idea of "the western world" doesn't include the UK. Laughing
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:58 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
That's literally the plot of a Wire in the Blood episode, Chrono, so I guess your idea of "the western world" doesn't include the UK. Laughing
Well that show started airing in 2002 and I was thinking of the kickback that such a story would get in 2018. spoiler[A growing number of feminists believe that women are equal to men except when it comes to evil. I have seen several feminists on Twitter get furious after reading about the false rape accusation in The Rising of the Shield Hero and I think there will be a firestorm when the anime gets released.]
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Chrono1000 wrote:
Well that show started airing in 2002 and I was thinking of the kickback that such a story would get in 2018. spoiler[A growing number of feminists believe that women are equal to men except when it comes to evil. I have seen several feminists on Twitter get furious after reading about the false rape accusation in The Rising of the Shield Hero and I think there will be a firestorm when the anime gets released.]

I take issue with your views on feminism (probably not productive to discuss that any further, though) but I do agree that in the current political climate it's not the sort of storyline you're likely to see on a random episode of Law and Order. I think the one thing we can agree on, however, is that One Peace is certainly cultivating a great catalogue of light novel licenses!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1