• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Titles that don't make sense to you.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carol1988

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:17 am Reply with quote
What anime had a title that didn't make sense to you when you watched the actual series?

Bleach- I think this is the most obvious one.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya- Does Tanigawa even know what 'melancholy' means? Because Haruhi is anything by melancholic. If that was meant to be ironic, that just comes off as pretentious.

Naruto: Road to Ninja- Putting aside the fact that this movie was a complete letdown with plot holes so big, you could fly the Starship Enterprise through them, the title didn't make much sense. All the other Naruto movie titles had something to do with the plot. Was the metaphorical road symbolize character development? Because this movie had very little of that. I guess if it went by the honest title (Naruto and Sakura Moping for 90 Minutes), it probably wouldn't have sold tickets.

Dragon Ball Kai- Funimation had the right idea by adding 'Z' to the title. If they wanted to call it that, they should have started from the very beginning of the manga.[/b]
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1