• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sakura's Confession To Naruto And Why She Did It

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:58 am Reply with quote
Among all the characters in the "Naruto" series,there is one character that a lot of people don't seem to like very much,outside of the villains. And her name is Sakura Haruno. I think for a lot of people,something about her just seems to rub people the wrong way. Personally,I don't find her that bad of a character,but she can be a bit on the abrasive side and that's what a lot of people don't like about her.
Recently,I saw a good deal of the episode in which Sakura kind of confessed that she loved Naruto. There are those who thought that she was trying to play with Naruto's heart,knowing that he'd carried a torch for her for so long. But,from what I saw,that's not my opinion. While it's true that the confession largely came off as fake,I don't think that Sakura did it to be mean. I think she did for an entirely different reason.

I think she did it out of concern for Naruto. While Sakura may have gotten very angry at Naruto,sometimes justifiably so,a lot of times,not,in the case of her "confession,"I don't think she was trying to hurt Naruto. What isn't known and often taken out of context is that Sasuke was still being Mr. Psycho. And,also there was Madara running around loose at the time. Sakura may have simply been concerned that Naruto might lose his life. Her reasoning may have been "I already lost one teammate. I don't want to lose another,even though he's a knucklehead and drives me crazy a lot,I don't want to see Naruto come back as a corpse." She probably knew a little about Naruto's longtime crush on her and thought if she told him that she loved him,even if it was fake,that he'd simply just accept it and that he wouldn't get into any more danger on her behalf.
As I've often said,if there's anyone in the series that Naruto would have done just about anything for,it was Sakura. If I were a gambling man,and I'm not,odds are if Sakura had been kidnapped,he would have gone to the ends of the earth and even farther than that to rescue her. For a long time,Naruto was always there for Sakura and I think deep down,she knew that.

Fans of the show often compare Hinata's true confession to Sakura's fake confession. While there is no doubt that what Hinata did for Naruto when she confessed to him was genuine,Sakura's fake confession didn't have to come from a place of spite or cruelty as many fans seem to think it came. I think it came from a place of concern. A concern that Naruto might be getting into situations that were a bit over his head.
I think Naruto saw though this and while I think he might have chosen his words better,I think he wanted to let Sakura know that he could handle just about anything. But,what do you think? Do you think I'm right or wrong in my assessment of the situation? Please tell me. I'd really like to know what you guys thought about this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1