• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll, Funimation to Stream Attack on Titan 3, Overlord III, How NOT to Summon A Demon L

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Very good titles. Gintama should still be streamed by Crunchyroll.
I also would like them to announce Happy Sugar Life, Grand Blue and Muhyo to Rouji.
alconnow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
I also would like them to announce Happy Sugar Life, Grand Blue and Muhyo to Rouji.

Yeah, Gintama is always simulcasted on CR. They'll probably announce it when it gets closer to the time. Also, I think Happy Sugar Life is an Amazon exclusive
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:

Happy Sugar Life and Grand Blue are both in the Animeism block, so they will be on Amazon.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria and Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu on Crunchyroll and available worldwide. Now that just make my day.

If only Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu was uncensored.... but maybe is better to wait for the BD's
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:52 pm Reply with quote
So NOW they are making their announcements early because they know once HiDive announces what scraps from the table they got into their paws, the crunchyroll lineup is basically all the rest since we already know what Netflix and Amazon have.
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:57 pm Reply with quote
alconnow wrote:
Nodz wrote:

Yeah, Gintama is always simulcasted on CR. They'll probably announce it when it gets closer to the time. Also, I think Happy Sugar Life is an Amazon exclusive

Thanks! I don't really like Amazon's subtitles, but that's fine.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:03 pm Reply with quote
That simuldub selection looks really good and includes 4 of the top 5 shows I was most interested in watching this summer. Attack on Titan 3, Overlord III, How NOT to Summon A Demon Lord, and Angels of Death should be fun. While I usually enjoy isekai shows the Master of Ragnarok looks a bit plain though I will likely watch a few episodes to see how it compares to Smartphone.

zrnzle500 wrote:
Happy Sugar Life and Grand Blue are both in the Animeism block, so they will be on Amazon.
A pity about Happy Sugar Life though anyone looking for a grimdark show might want to check out Magical Girl Raising Project.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:11 pm Reply with quote
I expected Demon Lord and Ragnarok to be simuldubbed since those are in Funi's wheelhouse, but MGRP was a pleasant surprise. I thought it was kind of a hidden gem during the season it was airing so i will be excited to see who the director and writer are and what the cast looks like.

I can already hear Teri Doty, Ryan Reynolds, or Leah Clark as La Pucelle
Milzn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I think only one person can voice main character in this show and that is Josh Grelle!!!!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Milzn wrote:
I think only one person can voice main character in this show and that is Josh Grelle!!!!

If you are talking about "How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord", I agree. Josh has become the go-to guy for Eng. dubs of harem leads.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:53 pm Reply with quote
If Magical Girl Raising Project is getting a dub then a bluray release shouldnt be too far off. Always happy to cross another series off my buy list
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:10 am Reply with quote
Look, I am not normally a fan of the Netflix approach of binge uploading 12-13 epi. at a time. However, one would think that MGRP would have been done being dubbed by then and they could just upload the whole at once.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:58 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Look, I am not normally a fan of the Netflix approach of binge uploading 12-13 epi. at a time. However, one would think that MGRP would have been done being dubbed by then and they could just upload the whole at once.

If Netflix had got Magical Girl Raising Project we had to wait God knows how much time to watch it. Binge uploading months after the anime ended is something that don't really works for me as a hardcore anime fan.

What would be good was Funimation doing a simuldub at the time for those that want to see anime dubbed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1