• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sweetness & Lightning Manga Ends Next Month

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Infistratos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm sad about it but not surprised. The manga has looked like it has been winding down for a while now but still it is one of my favourites.
alconnow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:20 pm Reply with quote
First Barakamon and now Sweetness & Lightning... I guess all good things must come to an end at some point
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it has looked like it was reaching its climax recently, still it's a shame to see it finish as I was really enjoying reading it. I hope it will get a second season get another season in the future.
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I wondered what would happen when Kotori Lida graduated... Now we know.

Don't like it, but this is a natural stopping point.
DirtyCircle

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Noooooo! I've been holding back from reading scanlations and just going by the official releases so I don't know how big a difference there is but I'm heartbroken. He had talked about the original stopping point but I've been loving this series so much. I'm furious there is still not a official release over here of the anime.
we love lain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:52 pm Reply with quote
What chapter is the unofficial release on right now? The last chapter i read was 54 but that was months ago
lys

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Uhhh I'm pretty sure the official English release is simultaneous with the JP, or at least in the same month? At least, that was my impression when I helped out with lettering a couple of the recent chapters, and judging from the tight turnaround to get files turned in...
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:05 am Reply with quote
I've never read the manga but I enjoyed the anime a lot. I'm glad to see the manga is still good and I hope we can get a second season of the anime now that the manga is finished.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:07 pm Reply with quote
As the article says. It's being released on Crunchyroll concurrently with the Japanese publication. So if you want to catch up pay for the membership, or upgrade for a short term.

I guess it's been winding down but shippers may be upset, as it's obvious that that resolution will be left unfinished or left to a flash-forward.

As told, it's obvious there are mutual feelings in the expected couplings but it would be a betrayal of the theme of the young girls wanting to do things on their own and of the adults still seeing the recent graduates as children for something concrete to happen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
As the article says. It's being released on Crunchyroll concurrently with the Japanese publication. So if you want to catch up pay for the membership, or upgrade for a short term.

For Kodansha titles, a Crunchyroll membership will only get you the first chapter and the most recent chapters that haven't been collected in a book. For the first 10 volumes, you'll have to buy the books (physical or digital) to catch up at this point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1