• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sentai Filmworks to Dub Girls' Last Tour, Land of the Lustrous, Mitsuboshi Colors, Just Because! Ani

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:23 am Reply with quote
As a subtitle person I'm happy these got picked up for a dub, it's always nice when anime can reach a wider audience. Especially my personal favorites here "Girl's Last Tour" and "Land Of The Lustrous", I hope the dubs are well done and I also hope people enjoy those series as much as I did.

Also on the note of Subtitles, I really wish Sentai would put in options for different colored subtitles. I have a hard time with yellow and vastly prefer white. Plus some various subtitle style and general font choices might be nice, but if anything just subtitle color options would make my year.
DragonSpooker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic, I adored Land of the Lustrous and I can't wait to own and rewatch it!
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:25 pm Reply with quote
This is the kind of announcement I expected Sentai to make at Otakon. All 4 titles are deserving of dubs, but I am a little surprised to see Just Because get one as well because I thought it had a lukewarm reception. Also, I hope they all get LE releases.
Calico

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see that Land of the Lustrous is getting a dub. I hope it's good.
jtron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Seconding the hope for nice BR releases - I don't buy a ton of seasons, but I'd definitely pick up box sets of GIRLS LAST TOUR and LAND OF THE LUSTROUS
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:23 pm Reply with quote
A little bit surprised by Mitsuboshi Colors, considering they didn't even dub Non Non Biyori.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I hadn't had the chance to watch Land of the Lustrous, but I am reading the manga and enjoy it, so I definitely have plans to buy the anime once it comes out. Even happier with the prospect of a dub, since that's how I greatly prefer watching anime, although even if it didn't I'd still want to get it anyway.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
I hadn't had the chance to watch Land of the Lustrous, but I am reading the manga and enjoy it, so I definitely have plans to buy the anime once it comes out. Even happier with the prospect of a dub, since that's how I greatly prefer watching anime, although even if it didn't I'd still want to get it anyway.
Why haven’t you watched it yet, if you like the manga? It is my favorite anime, you should watch it l, it is available on Amazon Prime and HIDIVE.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:35 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Why haven’t you watched it yet, if you like the manga? It is my favorite anime, you should watch it l, it is available on Amazon Prime and HIDIVE.
Streaming is difficult for me due to my internet connection (I live in an apartment complex so whatever internet we have is all we have as an option, and I also live with roommates that usually take up most of our connection ability to play online games), so it hasn't been worth it to pay for access to streaming services just to gain a lackluster ability to stream. While our connection has been modified to be better and I am able to run videos better than before, it's still a financial choice that my husband and I have yet to make (it's also a matter of which system we'd support, as likely we'd only buy into one streaming service). So usually if I'm curious about something, either I wait for it to potentially air on Toonami or I buy it directly (although buying directly is usually just for things I'm familiar with, such as Studio Ghibli movies or continuations of series that I've watched before, like Black Butler).

In this case, since I'm sure it'll be out sooner than us making a choice and paying to stream it and it'll have the option we both greatly prefer (and in turn, I'm more likely to be able to get the husband to watch it with me; he really doesn't like subs because he can't pay attention to it as much as he would a dub), I'll keep waiting for it to come out on Blu-Ray and buy it.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Sweet Mitsuboshi Colors is getting dubbed
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Girls Last Tour is getting dubbed! I'm happy for Mitsuboshi Colors as well! Which reminds me, I REALLY need to finish that anime already.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Just because! YES! One of last year's best show.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:37 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
A little bit surprised by Mitsuboshi Colors, considering they didn't even dub Non Non Biyori.

Maybe sentai is turning over a new leaf? I certainly hope so anyways.
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:18 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
CatSword wrote:

Maybe they're getting a bit desperate. Crunchyroll/Funimation are taking way too many of the shows lately.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:54 pm Reply with quote
G S Palmer wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
CatSword wrote:

Maybe they're getting a bit desperate. Crunchyroll/Funimation are taking way too many of the shows lately.

In all fairness a lot of that is on them with not taking the dub market seriously enough.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1