• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Fate/Grand Order Game Director Yosuke Shiokawa and Voice Actress Ayako Kawasumi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S0crates

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Will it ever launch at the European store though?
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:26 pm Reply with quote
No,they don't plan to release it on EU store because of licensing and age rating issues if i remember correctly. We have to either play on NA or JP which isn't hard but more troublesome when buying currency, i have to buy gift card every time i plan to buy Quartz .
S0crates

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
No,they don't plan to release it on EU store because of licensing and age rating issues if i remember correctly. We have to either play on NA or JP which isn't hard but more troublesome when buying currency, i have to buy gift card every time i plan to buy Quartz .

Age rating issues?
Heishi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Ayasumi!

The one woman who can voice Saber and a certain other character I'm not going to name because it bears no relevance to the topic at hand.
Zerreth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:

Could you elaborate on this as this usually confused me. I've only had to buy play cards for other regions of PSN because they occasionally require cards to have the same billing address as the account, but I didn't find it that way for mobile games. If the app uses Google play as its vendor, it runs a 1:1 conversion of the currency charged to your local currency. So admittedly a lot of those memes and jokes involving cash cards always confused me.
yurihellsing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:

I have no issue by paying via Paypal.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I should have precise yes, Android players can use multiple payment method but we, non NA/JP iOS players, cannot buy Quartz without gift card because we have to set CC and Paypal to None so we can download the game and use US AppStore ( there is also another method which is virtual card + getting a real US adress, there are companies that offer them for a few $/month, though it's pricier than gift card it's safer and much less restrictive once set ) depending on your currency conversion rate and saler/reseller buying gift cards often end up saving a lot compared to buying directly.

For the issues, i can't find it anymore but they were mentioning it when they announced NA FGO back then.

Even if FGO were to come out in EU i doubt that most european players would leave NA version just to pay 10-15% more because of the traditional 1:1 currency conversion rate that always occur. The only reasons would be either that multiple languages are available or starting from the very beginning to play all the banners and events .
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Babylonia is something that players in the NA-English server (like me) is going to look forward to, but as far as the walkthrough guides indicate, clearing it isn't exactly going to be a walk in the park like Camelot before it.

Apparently, Quetzalcoatl comes with gimmick which depends on a Servant's alignment, which can be quite rather frustrating to work around without certain Servants that have a special alignment (Heracles, Berserker!Lancelot, Nero Bride, etc.).
SuiSeiKen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:24 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
For the issues, i can't find it anymore but they were mentioning it when they announced NA FGO back then.

The only thing I ever read about this was back in 2017, when Aniplex producer Iwakami spoke about "a lot of factors" they have to deal with, including "local laws".

We never knew what kind of laws it was. Some people thought about gambling laws and loot boxes, but how do you explain that Bandai, Klab and other japanese companies are regularly releasing gacha games in european stores ?

Yet, Klab's Captain Tsubasa Dream Team seems to be special : the global version daily give more stuff that the japanese one, including 3 dreamballs (summon stones), through an advertising system. That's huge for a free player. As the SSR drop rate is low (3-5%), I'm wondering if that advertising system was part of an agreement to deal with european gambling laws and release the game properly...

And so, according to that theory, IMHO, there is indeed a gambling law issue with FGO. The game is too stingy (I heard that the 5 stars drop rate was under 1%), and Aniplex simply couldn't make compromise for Europe only.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:50 am Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
Ayasumi!

The one woman who can voice Saber and a certain other character I'm not going to name because it bears no relevance to the topic at hand.

that's an odd reason instead of just saying it,but whatever
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1