• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Catherine: Full Body Launches in Japan Next Valentine's Day

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zetsuie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Its a tv show
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:01 pm Reply with quote
So we're getting a new Catherine game that is more adult oriented. So does this mean you get boobies in it?
Furuzaki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:34 pm Reply with quote
They should release the first game on PS4 already... *sigh*
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
So we're getting a new Catherine game that is more adult oriented. So does this mean you get boobies in it?

Catherine was already aimed at an adult audience, with adult themes and all. I doubt Full Body will be more "adult". The addition of another girl (that’s more anime-styled than anything in the first game) makes me doubt that, actually.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:40 pm Reply with quote
hope it gets localized....and has another love is over collectors edition!, loved the Vincent boxers and pillowcase.
Xristophoros

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

there is such a thing as "maturity" without nudity, in case you didn't know...
Xristophoros

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Furuzaki wrote:

that is exactly the point of this release so no idea what you mean... it is coming so rejoice!
Mikasa_su_casa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:00 pm Reply with quote
File this under "something else we don't need" next to all the Persona Dancing games
Chaotic-Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Mikasa_su_casa wrote:
File this under "something else we don't need" next to all the Persona Dancing games

We don't "need" anything in terms of games. Games are only made for enjoyment, which can be filled with other things, so games aren't necessary in the slightest. What you meant to say is "something else we don't WANT" which even still isn't correct, both this and the Persona Dancing games are something I and plenty of others want. The only statement you could have given that is correct is "Something else that I don't want."
WeepingOshino

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Mikasa_su_casa wrote:

This is the first game but with additional content. They added a brand new girl. It's not just a rehash of the same game.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Furuzaki wrote:

The last gen version regularly goes on sale every so often what would be the benefit to doing this !?
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Some people seem confused.

- This is not a new game or a sequel.

- It's the same first game but with new content added. An expansion of the original game.

- It's the equivalent of Persona 3 -> FES -> Portable, and Persona 4 -> Golden.

- There's a 3rd girl option 'Rin' in addition to Cathe'rin'e and Kathe'rin'e.

- New cutscenes, new puzzle blocks, new levels and other improvements.

- No proper sequel or spiritual successor has been announced.
IanC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Playstation Vita why? Isn't it coming out after Sony said the last carts would be made?

My prediction - won't get a Vita release in the west, but will get an Xbox One release, with an outside chance of a Switch release. That's in addition to the PS4 version obviously.
Mikasa_su_casa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Chaotic-Overlord wrote:
Mikasa_su_casa wrote:

We don't "need" anything in terms of games. Games are only made for enjoyment, which can be filled with other things, so games aren't necessary in the slightest. What you meant to say is "something else we don't WANT" which even still isn't correct, both this and the Persona Dancing games are something I and plenty of others want. The only statement you could have given that is correct is "Something else that I don't want."

OK, I'll rephrase that just for you. Adding a new girl isn't something the story needs. It's fine as is. Now, we can file this remake under "things we don't need."
WeepingOshino wrote:
Mikasa_su_casa wrote:

This is the first game but with additional content. They added a brand new girl. It's not just a rehash of the same game.

What bugs me about it is, what purpose does three girls serve when Law and Chaos already have their mouthpiece girls in the original game? A girl for the neutral ending? That would change the neutral path dramatically and I really doubt for the better.
To me, it just looks like shameless pandering from Atlus trying to shove a more otaku-bait character into the story. I'd wager that otaku just weren't interested in the mature/adult Katherine and the slutty kinpatsu Catherine, so Atlus goes ahead and puts in a moe 'Rin' to try and get more sales this time.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:07 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
Playstation Vita why? Isn't it coming out after Sony said the last carts would be made?

My prediction - won't get a Vita release in the west, but will get an Xbox One release, with an outside chance of a Switch release. That's in addition to the PS4 version obviously.

That was solely for North American and European releases. Asian Vita cart production has no end date right now.

Atlus USA hasn't skipped a Vita version yet. It'll come, but almost certainly as a PSN-only release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2