• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae Dake ka yo Light Novels Get TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:26 am Reply with quote
This sounds like something I can get into. Interesting staff choice with the original author handling all the scripts and the cast looks decent. I’ll be adding this to my watch-list for 2019.

Last edited by Joshua Zarate on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:29 am Reply with quote
I'll be watching this one. Sounds like the MC, in this case, is the friend of the guy with a harem.
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:13 am Reply with quote
IIRC, the MC for this series has a bit of a twisted personality.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:37 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:

So he's like Hachiman from Oregairu? Nice. I'll give it a watch.

Sidenote: I wonder if Oregairu will get a season 3, or at least some OVAs since the LN is ending soon.
teferi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:38 am Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:

Everyone in this series is a terrible human being. I'd argue MC's best friend is a lot more twisted though.
HK16

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Two Haruka's in the cast, especially as main characters. Interesting plot. I will watch this. Also, Pansy in the visual looks like the girl from a certain manga. Laughing
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Well, it definitely looks interesting to me, PTW.
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:35 pm Reply with quote
teferi wrote:
BlueAlf wrote:

Everyone in this series is a terrible human being. I'd argue MC's best friend is a lot more twisted though.

When it comes down to it, he's probably one of the most likable characters if only because almost every other named character is pretty reprehensible. It's an interesting read, but not one I can wholly recommend.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Could someone provide me with examples of why the characters aren't all that likable? I'm fine with spoilers, but just want to know if it'd be something that'd turn me off from the series. It would be appreciated. Very Happy

Doesn't have to be for every character, but maybe just what may be considered the "worst" that they do/say.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Could someone provide me with examples of why the characters aren't all that likable? I'm fine with spoilers, but just want to know if it'd be something that'd turn me off from the series. It would be appreciated. :D

Doesn't have to be for every character, but maybe just what may be considered the "worst" that they do/say.

Joro spoiler[only helps Cosmos and Himawari out with wooing Sun so that he can get the rejected one on the rebound. Also he asks Pansy, who likes him and he knows this, to date his friend Sun to make Sun happy.]

Cosmos and Himawari spoiler[drop MC like a hot potato the moment they learn he had ulterior motives for helping them, which isn't really super-horrible aside from Cosmos firing Joro from the student council but boy does it feel bad.]

Sun spoiler[sets up Joro, his ostensible best friend, so that Cosmos and Himawari find out about his ulterior motives and renders Joro a social pariah who gets mercilessly bullied (wrecked locker and shoes, DIE DIE DIE etched into his desk, the whole shebang) because he's jealous that some random girl from their middle school days, as well as Pansy likes Joro instead of him.]

Pansy spoiler[helps Sun wreck Joro's reputation and social life to screw Sun over later and irrevocably prove that Sun backstabbed Joro.]
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:20 pm Reply with quote
That long LN title is not long enough.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:59 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the info FilthyCasual. Must say, doesn't seem like Cosmos/Himawari do anything bad. Of course, there may be more to that that was left out. Nothing that'll turn me off from checking out the anime.

Joro, Sun, and Pansy - I look forward to seeing how all that unfolds. But each seem to be in the wrong, one way or another.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1