• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
IRODUKU: The World in Colors (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:29 pm Reply with quote

IRODUKU: The World in Colors (TV)

Genres: drama, magic
Themes: future, high school, iyashikei, love polygon, mages, school club, school life, special abilities, time travel, witches

Plot Summary: In Nagasaki, a descendant of mages, 17-year-old Hitomi lost her sense of color at a young age and grew up lacking emotion. Her grandmother Kohaku, a great mage, sends Hitomi to the past, to the year 2018. There, she spends time with a 17-year-old Kohaku and friends from club activities.
----------------------------------

Episode 1:

First episode is titled "Where You Belong".

Visually, this first episode definitely impressed me. The enchanting night sky and backgrounds looks so colorful and full of details. Definitely impressed me with P.A. Works' production quality so far. It seems there's elements of magic/supernatural present in the anime but so far, the storytelling feels somewhat slow pace. Hitomi is a character I'm wondering about considering the amount of details focused on her.

Some of the other cast has my attention too so I hope the anime will take time to develop them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SomeHero

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:33 pm Reply with quote
wow, i instantly was fallen in Love with Hitomi Embarassed i desperate wish for an happy end for her (maybe with Aoi ). At last give her her Colors back!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:50 am Reply with quote
I think we may even be likely to learn that Hitomi's own magic is making her see in black and white, from her subconscious. She has some problems, such as trouble using her ability when she intends to, that may have caused her lose confidence and see the world a certain way, which her subconscious literally made her see the world that way, which in turn makes her lose her confidence more. The reason she may see the drawings in colour, is because they might speak to a part of her on a subconscious level. The secret to getting her sense of colour back, is likely going to be getting her confidence back, and not see the world in such a figurative grey world.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13 (finale)

That was a sweet ending. Hitomi kind of summed it up well by herself, explaining how the journey had so many mixed emotions. There were ups and downs, but in the end it was worth it, with the picture book as a perfect send-off. Was great that afterwards, Hitomi wants to talk to her mother about a lot of things, facing it, and her relationship with her grandmother is kind of as friends now, of course she will call her Kohaku. And Hitomi decided to join the club in her time, which is still has a Magic Photography Arts Club. Hitomi is a much more full person.

Wait, might have to go back to re-watch a scene, but it looked like we got a reveal of who Kohaku's future husband, Hitomi's grandfather, was. It seemed to be the guy from the bookstore, the one who helped get some of what was needed to send Hitomi back. Might Hitomi have known this when Kohaku introduced him to her?

I said that it was all beautiful, but I might not also be the most positive with this going forward. Frankly, the show kind of bored me for stretches. Not for I think actually being bad, I was kind of invested, but something was a little not interesting at times. It could be partially my fault that I could not put my full attention into it all the time. Thinking through, I think that it maybe goes that things like romance did not really grow in the show. You had obvious crushes and a confession, but its the whole not let anything actually happen which you see in a lot of things. Clearly it was supposed to be more about a journey than anything, and if there was something about high school students not needing to actually worry about relationships yet, because presumably their future selves may have evident things in Hitomi's time, then I don't know. Maybe something a bit more about importance of taking one's time or something, but that would still clash that Hitomi's journey was on a time limit. The drama for that was actually pretty alright in the last few episodes.

I give it a rating of Decent (6/10), I didn't lose my time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1