• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Novel 12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:21 am Reply with quote
Nice thumbnail
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm disappointed you don't touch on Bell's mental growth and improved capacity as a leader, as I found that the most striking element of the volume, even more so than Moss Man.
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:24 am Reply with quote
Haha you really skipped vol 11. I know you said why you would and I can understand your reasons but I was hoping you'd change your mind. Personally I quite enjoyed it though I wish the art and illustrations would be like Sword Oratoria's instead. Yes its a different artist but I can consider it to be better.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:50 am Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
Haha you really skipped vol 11. I know you said why you would and I can understand your reasons but I was hoping you'd change your mind. Personally I quite enjoyed it though I wish the art and illustrations would be like Sword Oratoria's instead. Yes its a different artist but I can consider it to be better.

How come the volume the skipped?
GhostD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:47 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
GhostD wrote:

Go to the comment section of Familia Chronicle
青白

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Seif wrote:
Nice thumbnail

I see you are a man of culture as well.
Schadows

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:28 am Reply with quote
Personally, I love the art style ... just that Lily loosing her clothes doesn't really make sense -__-'

Quote:
Omori has had an occasional tendency in the past to drag fights out, but the ones in this volume feel more balanced and dynamic.
It's true that the Battle with the minotaur (vol.3) and the ugly bit** (vol.7) were clearly to detailed, too long, tedious to read. The anime adaptation of that battle in vol.3 was way better.
But since then, I must admit the author has made great progress, like the fights during all the Xenos arc (vol.9~11), and keeps doing that.

One thing I think the author nailed right from the start was the tales of Bell trying to escape and being followed. Be it with the Silverback (vol.1), The Appolo/Soma famillia (vol.6), in the red light district (vol.7), or even when Bell is the one in pursuit of Wiene (vol.10), all those are described brillantly.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:32 pm Reply with quote
GhostD wrote:
FilthyCasual wrote:
GhostD wrote:

Go to the comment section of Familia Chronicle

The only thing mentioned about volume 11 was the massive delays for the English language version.
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:39 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

The only thing mentioned about volume 11 was the massive delays for the English language version.

It was literally the 2nd post of the comment section

Quote:
Vol. 11 may or may not get its own review, in part because I have mixed feelings about how it was handled.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1