• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Akame ga KILL! Writer Takahiro Launches New Matoseihei no Slave Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I still find Akame Ga Kill a disappointment. The storytelling and world building were just not up to snuff in my opinion. The main character wasn't even Akame even though she was in the title.

Still, this series could be good but I hope it doesn't have the same direction as Akame ga Kill. Want something different
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I believe in some way that Akame was indeed supposed to be the protagonist for that particular series but the editor somehow meddles in the grand scheme of things since they'd probably wanted to pander on the shounen demographic, and it's easier to relate to a male instead of a female. After that however, Takahiro continues making series that had female protagonist like Yuuki Yuuna and Release The Spyce, and I'd definitely be interested if this new manga also follow the concept.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:21 pm Reply with quote
is Hinowa ga CRUSH still being published? if so that's a lot of work this writer has.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
I still find Akame Ga Kill a disappointment. The storytelling and world building were just not up to snuff in my opinion. The main character wasn't even Akame even though she was in the title.

Still, this series could be good but I hope it doesn't have the same direction as Akame ga Kill. Want something different

Akame ga kill has something in common with other series such as Soul Eater, A certain magical index, and Chrono Crusade. Akame, Soul, Index, and Chrono are not the main protagonists despite being the name sake of their respective series.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:20 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Soulwarfare wrote:

Akame ga kill has something in common with other series such as Soul Eater, A certain magical index, and Chrono Crusade. Akame, Soul, Index, and Chrono are not the main protagonists despite being the name sake of their respective series.

About Soul Eater actually, according to the author the title isn’t referring to Soul at all.

The titular Soul Eater is the Kishin Asura himself who is the series main & ultimate evil, meaning the title is an Antagonist Title.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:48 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
is Hinowa ga CRUSH still being published? if so that's a lot of work this writer has.

It is still being published in English. They are doing the Chapter thing right now, and then publishing the volume afterwords.

Wikipedia says the Japanese edition publishing is still ongoing.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:43 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
I believe in some way that Akame was indeed supposed to be the protagonist for that particular series but the editor somehow meddles in the grand scheme of things since they'd probably wanted to pander on the shounen demographic, and it's easier to relate to a male instead of a female. After that however, Takahiro continues making series that had female protagonist like Yuuki Yuuna and Release The Spyce, and I'd definitely be interested if this new manga also follow the concept.

Do not get your hopes up. Just because he was behind Yuuki Yuuna and Release the Spyce does not mean this one will be like them. It could be another lame harem but I would definitely love for it to be like them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1