• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Love Live Goods Seized, Auctioned by Tax Collection Agency

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerAngel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:27 pm Reply with quote
That Riko figure's starting price is a steal. She easily goes for $200+ aftermarket.
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I can't imagine how painful it must be when you have to give away your waifu to some officials because of something like unpaid taxes.
I would definitely try to persuade them into taking other stuff before I give a away a huggable plush of my waifu.

The prices of these auctions seem really fair, would definitely be interested in a few of these items if I would live in japan.
reanimator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:50 pm Reply with quote
All I can say is take care of your taxes before blowing off money on whatever anime/idol franchise you're into.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Narutofreak1412 wrote:
The prices of these auctions seem really fair, would definitely be interested in a few of these items if I would live in japan.

You can bid on them through a deputy service and they will ship outside of Japan.

Been doing that for years.
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
Narutofreak1412 wrote:

You can bid on them through a deputy service and they will ship outside of Japan.

Been doing that for years.

Yeah, I know. Got a collection of used saint seiya figures through a proxy before.

But the majority of the items here seem to be smaller items, like CDs, stickers and other stuff like that: https://koubai.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/auction/search?catId=20060
Not worth paying shipping from them to the proxy service station, some fee for the service and another international shipping fee.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1