• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, January 28-February 3 [2019-02-05]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super_M

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:37 am Reply with quote
Well decent numbers for SAO especially when discs sales are on decline.
Bondrewd-Sama

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:06 am Reply with quote
Really glad to see that Bloom into You is selling well. It really deserves it. Great series. I hope this means that we will get a season 2 when there is enough material.
pikkuhukka

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:21 am Reply with quote
wew sao sold twice more than the runner up
Pedram

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:36 am Reply with quote
Interesting, SAO indeed sold very well.

I asked someone about what is included in the BDs and it seems :

SAO Alicization BD : Episode 1 to 3 + some Arts and illustrations + an small side story (Distant Journey) + Character songs and Orchestra (Beginning of a Journey)

Slime BD : Episode 1 to 6 + some Art and illustrations + an small side story.

I wonder if SAO can keep up the great sales, while comparing it to other shows, it will probably have a total of 8 BD for first ~25 EP and 8 more for 2nd and 3rd cours.

while a show like Slime might only go for 4 BD in total (if it keep on releasing 6 EP per BD)

The 2nd BD of SAO:Alicization is already dated for release in 27th of February including another Character songs with Asuna and Rinko named "Holding the shadows"
spoiler[possibly about how both Asuna and Rinko are separated from their lovers and holding on to their shadows lol]
pirateaddict
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:25 am Reply with quote
So glad to see a blu-ray release of Kuroko no Basket, I really hope to see that available to buy in the near future. I've been wanting to buy it now for so long.
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I expected Slime to sell around 6-7k in the first week but it doesn't seem to be the case, still very good sales tho... wait, each volume comes with 6 episodes and costs 18000 yen (more than double a normal volume), that makes its sales really good then, nice.

Also good sales for Bloom Into You although I wish they were even more, Yuuna's too.

Harukana Receive :'(
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1