• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bunshun Magazine: ufotable Owes 400 Million Yen in Taxes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koda89

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:30 am Reply with quote
See, the tax evasion is one thing. It’s still a dickish thing, but it is something we can laugh and joke about.

The earthquake funds misappropriation? Nah man. That’s something I can’t forgive. Currently that’s still just in allegation stages, but if proven, screw ufotable(rather, those in charge), and screw ‘em hard. Can’t forgive that. If this is proven to be true I’m probably gonna wipe my hands clean of ufotable as long as those who made that decision are still in connection with the studio.
alvorado

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:01 am Reply with quote
The writer of the article should mention the fact that Bunshun is a tabloid that is known for false reports and sensationalism, like the fake "scoop" they had on Kemono Friends only a year or so ago. No charges have been filed and not mentioning they aren't an actual newspaper but a well-known tabloid is missing some key bit of information, I think.
alvorado

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:14 am Reply with quote
Koda89 wrote:
See, the tax evasion is one thing. It’s still a dickish thing, but it is something we can laugh and joke about.

The earthquake funds misappropriation? Nah man. That’s something I can’t forgive. Currently that’s still just in allegation stages, but if proven, screw ufotable(rather, those in charge), and screw ‘em hard. Can’t forgive that. If this is proven to be true I’m probably gonna wipe my hands clean of ufotable as long as those who made that decision are still in connection with the studio.

Don't take whatever Bunkan posts as gospel, they're known for posting complete falsehoods and sensationalist fabrications. They're similar to News of the World/The Sun/Daily Mail in the UK, New York Post/National Examiner in the US, etc.
Koda89

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:23 am Reply with quote
alvorado wrote:
Koda89 wrote:

Don't take whatever Bunkan posts as gospel, they're known for posting complete falsehoods and sensationalist fabrications. They're similar to News of the World/The Sun/Daily Mail in the UK, New York Post/National Examiner in the US, etc.

I can’t read Japanese, do you happen to have something in English? I’d rather not toss all of that into Google Translate and have, well, a bunch of stuff left out of the translation. >_>;
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:50 am Reply with quote
Bunshun are sensationalist mudrakers, but they're right more often than not.
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:59 am Reply with quote
Super market tabloid? Well then, I won't be taking anything they say seriously.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:07 am Reply with quote
If true, I'd rather think it would be more acceptable to bash the leader, and maybe the CFO (if they have one), rather than the other 98 percent of the employees.
brammerhammer23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Just pay your taxes people. Never misappropriate funds especially if they're from a charity event. They will find you eventually. They always do.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:40 pm Reply with quote
This article reads so weird, "Animation company owes millions in taxes...also they might have stolen from charity"
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Ufotable must have activated the Protection from Taxes skill or something the whole time.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Come what may from any of this, I hope UFOtable is able to at least finish the final Heaven's Feel movie.
Cryten

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Well with police investigating there would seem to be at least some substance to the one of the allegations. Rather then worry about the newspaper we can wait and see if there is any word about the police investigation in the future. Like the article said stealing from charity is a big deal in Japan and could be the more likely fault in the companies financial reporting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1