• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Certain Scientific Accelerator Anime Reveals More Cast, July 12 Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Overall97629661

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I hope that this anime turns out well and that surely they incite to create more series spinoff of the indexverse, because in spite of everything it is an extremely interesting universe, the problem of the main series is that Touma is the protagonist >:/
Yuma39

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Overall97629661 wrote:
I hope that this anime turns out well and that surely they incite to create more series spinoff of the indexverse, because in spite of everything it is an extremely interesting universe, the problem of the main series is that Touma is the protagonist >:/

the problem with the main series is the bad adaptation and that nishikiori is still the director, touma isn't that bad in the LN.
Overall97629661

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Yuma39 wrote:
Overall97629661 wrote:

the problem with the main series is the bad adaptation and that nishikiori is still the director, touma isn't that bad in the LN.

must be the only character that they casually chose to not adapt it well, because the rest of the cast around him they are much better, they lead to interesting events to say the least Tsuchimikado, styl, kanzaki, misaka and accelerator all bring a level of depth to the story, In addition to having much more charismatic personalities especially Misaka and the same accel. Confused
OH&S

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Overall97629661 wrote:
must be the only character that they casually chose to not adapt it well, because the rest of the cast around him they are much better, they lead to interesting events to say the least Tsuchimikado, styl, kanzaki, misaka and accelerator all bring a level of depth to the story, In addition to having much more charismatic personalities especially Misaka and the same accel. Confused

You'll be surprised at how bad the adaptation for his character is. He's one of the main reasons as to why the series has lasted for 15 years.

Ironically, despite Accelerator being a great character, his manga is actually the worst material in the franchise. It'll be interesting to see if the anime can elevate the source.
Yuma39

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Overall97629661 wrote:
Yuma39 wrote:
Overall97629661 wrote:

lol no, not only him. every new character in index III was shit and hamazura was destroyed even though he's a new main character, and actually accel character wasn't adapted that well in the anime but yeah it's better than touma.
misaka's character is better because railgun anime is from another staff, a decent one. but in index she's just a tsundere that doesn't do anything for the overall story.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:16 pm Reply with quote
The Magical Index verse is perhaps my ultimate guilty pleasure in anime because I always watch it no matter what they do: "oh, they made a new season, I will go to watch it". I don't know why I watch it but I guess its the franchise completely over the top silliness, it reminds me of Symphogear, also another guilty pleasure of a similar vein.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
micah007

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I love this franchise. Can't get enough even with the fact that Index III was largely a disappointment. Only thing I wish is that the LN were officially English translated faster. Hopefully the Accel anime is better than Index III followed by Railgun Season 3.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Thats where your wrong Kiddo. Touma is a great protagonist, at least from the source material, to the point where Light Novel Touma and Anime Touma feel like completely different characters at times. Touma is basically the Shirou Emiya of Light Novels.
Overall97629661

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:38 pm Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Quote:

Thats where your wrong Kiddo. Touma is a great protagonist, at least from the source material, to the point where Light Novel Touma and Anime Touma feel like completely different characters at times. Touma is basically the Shirou Emiya of Light Novels.

lol since when shirou Emiya is a good example of protagonist? He also suffers from almost the same problems, but is even worse since his philosophy is that of an idealistic child who laments "why there is conflict in the world?" is a moralist stubborn no one can influence their ideas, believes that you can fight of all fromas although lack something like the imagine breaker of touma to defend which makes it imprudent.
ssjokg

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:40 am Reply with quote
Overall97629661 wrote:
but is even worse since his philosophy is that of an idealistic child who laments "why there is conflict in the world?" is a moralist stubborn no one can influence their ideas, believes that you can fight of all fromas although lack something like the imagine breaker of touma to defend which makes it imprudent.

Lol what??the series literally shows you that he wants to save people because his is full of PTSD and survivor's guilt and that helping people is the only way to even feel alive.
What morals?

And unlike Touma he has.... powers that can actually be used without relying on the enemy NOT KNOWING what Imagine Breaker is or that it exists.

Oh right another one that jumps the the bandwagon while not watching the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1