• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: English Band The Struts Performs Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya CG Anime's Theme Songs

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akamaru_Inu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:38 pm Reply with quote
HAH, that's awesome, the Struts are great.
catbot158

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Huh, never heard of this band before. I'm gonna have to see their work before I make any judgements about this.
*listens to a few of their songs*
Ahh, glad to see Freddie Mercury's reincarnation is going to tackle this.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:45 pm Reply with quote
So I guess this is gonna be more “I Ran” cover and less metal version of “Pegasus Fantasy”.

I know it’s supposed to be a version of Pegasus Fantasy but still.
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:25 pm Reply with quote
But what happened to Bowling for soup? Rolling Eyes
AkaRed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:18 am Reply with quote
This poor adaptation can bomb hard I don't care, making Shun a girl was a BIG UNFORGETABLE MISTAKE ! Evil or Very Mad
TheJABS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:57 am Reply with quote
I'm cautiously optimistic with this new version. Truth be told, the original anime hasn't aged well. It's a great story to tell if you don't drag it that long.

Also, Shun being a girl is just the natural evolution of the character. Yes, I know spoiler[ he's the reincarnation of Hades, and that'd make Hades a girl]. But I think they may twist the known story a bit in order to surprise old fans.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:42 am Reply with quote
They should use I Ran as the end theme.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:58 am Reply with quote
So at least the opening is going to be a new version of Pegasus Fantasy, that great. Though to be fair, I have a softspot for the original European Spanish opening (which I think it was a cover from the French version)
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:04 pm Reply with quote
AkaRed wrote:
This poor adaptation can bomb hard I don't care, making Shun a girl was a BIG UNFORGETABLE MISTAKE ! Evil or Very Mad

Yeah it isn't like you can watch or read the original works where this change doesn't exist.

Instead of complaining just to complain.
Enturax

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:14 pm Reply with quote
TheJABS wrote:
I'm cautiously optimistic with this new version. Truth be told, the original anime hasn't aged well. It's a great story to tell if you don't drag it that long.

Also, Shun being a girl is just the natural evolution of the character. Yes, I know spoiler[ he's the reincarnation of Hades, and that'd make Hades a girl]. But I think they may twist the known story a bit in order to surprise old fans.

Hahahaha!
After so many years of broken franchises due to feminism and people who care about social justice, ya still believe such a crap in here, a WESTERN "remake" of Saint Seiya?

(I like how it autoamtically changes Shonen Jump Weekly to "people who care about social justice" - lol)

Last edited by Enturax on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Enturax

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:17 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
AkaRed wrote:

Yeah it isn't like you can watch or read the original works where this change doesn't exist.

Instead of complaining just to complain.

Yeah, it isn't like you can give criticism it deserves like an actual fan should do.

Instead of acting like a typical fanboy without taste who has forgotten why he/she liked the series in the 1st place.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait.

Have only ever seen the limited amount that made it onto Cartoon Network, and as such don't remember a ton, so I'm coming in pretty fresh and as such I'm actually glad this time the show will actually have a prominent female fighter character in the main cast.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:24 pm Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
I'm actually glad this time the show will actually have a prominent female fighter character in the main cast.

That's the thing, though. Unless the new show completely changes Shun's character, she won't really be a "prominent" fighter, because Shun is supposed to be a pure-hearted pacifist. OG Shun only fought when there was truly no other option, other than death, and even then he only truly went full-strength on literally two or three occasions in the entire original story, because he believed that much in not killing others.

That's where making Shun into a girl feels lazy, because it seems like they're just going with "effeminate & non-violent = woman". Of course, they could be changing that aspect of Shun, but then why not simply make a more combat-oriented character the girl, like Shun's brother, Phoenix Ikki?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1