• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III Game Delayed to October 22 in West

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyren

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:32 pm Reply with quote
I wonder why it was delayed. I haven't played the Cold Steel games(Though I have wanted to give them a try.), but I'm hoping this has nothing to do with Sony's policies.
BirdyTheMighty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I imagine it's to fix any scripts issues. They don't want to have another Ys 8 situation. And the Legend of Heroes games are very dialogue/text heavy.
Raikuro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Probably for the best, September is pretty packed with games like Borderlands 3, Code Vein, Catherine Full Body, Daemon X Machina, AI The Somnium Files, Monster Hunter World Iceborn, Indivisible, Ni no Kuni remaster, The Surge 2, while October is a lot less busy.
MCAL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Always a good sign.

MCAL wrote:
Yeah. That's way too early for my tastes.
(From when the September Release date was announced)

Definitely was too early.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Odds are good NISA flubbed the localization again.

Nyren wrote:
I wonder why it was delayed. I haven't played the Cold Steel games(Though I have wanted to give them a try.), but I'm hoping this has nothing to do with Sony's policies.

lol
AntiKuro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Did they originally say they were releasing a demo for the game? Or is this a new thing? I don't remember hearing about it before now.

If it's new then I wonder if they are delaying it a month just so they can push a demo and maybe garner more interest. I wouldn't exactly say Trails of Cold Steel is a huge selling game.

Though the idea of a demo for this game also boggles my mind. It's so damn text heavy how do you find a decent spot to demo out without like 1 hour of just pure story text (Tho' I'll argue that Cold Steel is better about text dump then Sky's Trilogy which left me sitting there for over 30 minutes with info dump and cutscenes. Sometimes I'd just leave the game running because I couldn't save and I needed to leave).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1