• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fire Force Anime Cancels Airing, Streaming of 3rd Episode

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:48 am Reply with quote
Very understandable, it is unfortunate that its main topic clashed with yesterday’s tragedy, and I wish everyone involved in such catastrophe can have a speedy recovery. It’s painful and I still cannot believe it’s real. Crying or Very sad

New summer anime? Couldn’t care less at the moment because there are too much to stomach the ugly truth already

Last edited by Engineering Nerd on Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:50 am Reply with quote
Not at all surprised. Completely understandable.
Marzan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:18 am Reply with quote
I’m not surprised at all. You couldn’t go forward with airing this Friday. Wouldn’t be surprised if the whole thing was cancelled or at least delayed a year or two.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:20 am Reply with quote
As someone who has been enjoying the show a lot, I agree this decision is very understandable. I think though the article could use a different headline as I feel like the headline as now gives the false impression the show itself has been canceled when all we know is the episode has been delayed.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:31 am Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
I’m not surprised at all. You couldn’t go forward with airing this Friday. Wouldn’t be surprised if the whole thing was cancelled or at least delayed a year or two.

The former is pretty unlikely though. They've put a lot of money into this and there's no way they'll delete this too soon. The best is to wait for weeks, months or at least a year. Maybe not a year like Coppellion given the different circumstances.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:31 am Reply with quote
Definitely makes sense to put this show on hold for a while. I do hope it doesn't get cancelled entirely; from what we've seen of its themes so far, it could actually help some people process this whole situation. Right now, though, it's too soon.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:58 am Reply with quote
A very understandable decision given the tragic circumstances.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:20 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
I think though the article could use a different headline as I feel like the headline as now gives the false impression the show itself has been canceled when all we know is the episode has been delayed.

Thanks for the feedback. I changed the headline a bit to try to make it more clear it's the third episode's airing specifically that's being cancelled, and I decided to use the word "halt" instead of "cancelled," but the wording used on the website was cancelled/halted (休止), not delayed (延期). And they stated they will reveal more information about broadcasts going forward at a later date. We don't know yet what will happen, so I wanted to stick to the Japanese wording as much as possible.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:38 am Reply with quote
Dont understand the delay since fires are a daily occurrence and the anime highlights the valiant efforts of firefighters. Further the anime is about self immolation not villainous arson.
Nodz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:55 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Dont understand the delay since fires are a daily occurrence and the anime highlights the valiant efforts of firefighters. Further the anime is about self immolation not villainous arson.

I was thinking the same thing, but I guess it's out of respect for the victims, which is a good reason. Even if it's just an anime and that people who suffered a loss because of the tragedy couldn't care less about watching tv right now, it would be a lack of tact to have the show on tv today.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:17 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

This is the biggest post-war massacre to happen in Japan. It's a big historical occurrence, not just some everyday fire.
#Synaesthesia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:36 am Reply with quote
This has been my favorite series of the summer, but after what happened yesterday... I don't think I could've watched it anyways. Great move on their part.
AnimeHolic94

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:40 am Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

This is the biggest post-war massacre to happen in Japan. It's a big historical occurrence, not just some everyday fire.

Another reason is that this specific episode, would have had the new employees Shinra and Arthur take part in this tournament/competition thing, where they have to perform a rescue operation, in a burning building and obviously after that tragedy they cant show an episode, that feature an burning building only around 36 hours later.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:49 am Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

Not quite accurate, "The attack was the worst mass killing in the country since a 2001 arson attack on a building in Tokyo's Kabukicho district, which killed 44 people." (CNN).

Still bad nevertheless, but not the worst mass-killing since WWII. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myojo_56_building_fire
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:35 am Reply with quote
It's the right decision. Honestly, if they hadn't delayed it, I would have personally taken a break.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3