• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Mignogna Receives Court Order to Appear at Friday Hearing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GolfDude

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:50 pm Reply with quote
but lets not talk about kickvic attempting to make a fake gofundme and trying to pretend to be nick rekieta today.. something that breaks federal law...

but kickvic's side is always in the right huh?

vic getting notice to appear in court is NON NEWS
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:00 pm Reply with quote
GolfDude wrote:
but lets not talk about kickvic attempting to make a fake gofundme and trying to pretend to be nick rekieta today.. something that breaks federal law...

And you know this was more than random fraud how?

Quote:
vic getting notice to appear in court is NON NEWS

Requiring his presence at a procedural hearing is definitely out of the ordinary, especially when there's mounting evidence that his attorney forged his signature at least twice. At this point, it's highly, highly likely the defense wants to question him to determine whether the not-an-affidavit is even real.
StarfighterPegasus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:01 pm Reply with quote
May we close the book on this painful saga. Vic knew better than to act so recklessly. And he was expecting to sue more people? I hope he doesn't sue Sony and the others after this case is thrown out.
JMulli

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:03 pm Reply with quote
(deleting a hot take)

Last edited by JMulli on Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:25 pm Reply with quote
JMulli wrote:
While I absolutely do not support Vic's case here, you guys have failed massively when it comes to neutral coverage. The allegations made against Chris Sabat are just as important to notice as Vic's, even if the end result isn't true.

They addressed that in the last Vic post, including all the sources they talked saying it wasnt true. I see you conveniently skipped over those though.
connysanada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Additionally, the company claimed that it cannot be held liable for the alleged conduct of Monica Rial, Ronald Toye, and Jamie Marchi — its co-defendants in the lawsuit — as they are not Funimation agents or employees.

But wouldn't Mignogna not be a Funi employee either, or anymore?
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:58 pm Reply with quote
The conversation in this thread is a great way to distract from the fact that Ty literally just got caught fraudulently filing evidence and forging signatures
Florete

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:01 pm Reply with quote
connysanada wrote:
Quote:
Additionally, the company claimed that it cannot be held liable for the alleged conduct of Monica Rial, Ronald Toye, and Jamie Marchi — its co-defendants in the lawsuit — as they are not Funimation agents or employees.

But wouldn't Mignogna not be a Funi employee either, or anymore?

He never was, but what does that have to do with anything?
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:02 pm Reply with quote
All these people trying to dig up dirt on anybody who opposes Vic don't care about justice. They're doing this for revenge, like testifying against Ted Bundy because he owed you $20 and never coughed up.

For the people raising hell over that leaked audio clip, you clearly don't know how people in the animation industry, especially in the 90s/early 2000s before everything got Woke, acted behind the scenes to blow off steam. Alternatively, where were you when Funimation released their profane dub of Shin-chan or ADV's dub of Ghost Stories?

Also, until we hear official word from Stephanie Nalody that the image floating around about Chris Sabat is real or not, let's hold judgment.
Teraman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:06 pm Reply with quote
JMulli wrote:
While I absolutely do not support Vic's case here, you guys have failed massively when it comes to neutral coverage. The allegations made against Chris Sabat are just as important to notice as Vic's, even if the end result isn't true.

There are no allegations against Chris Sabat.
StarfighterPegasus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:07 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
The conversation in this thread is a great way to distract from the fact that Ty literally just got caught fraudulently filing evidence and forging signatures
Agreed, Ty Beard dropped the ball hard with this one and you can see it by how people are trying so hard to talk about things that aren't even relevant to the lawsuit.
Warshire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Sooo.
Lawyer was late posting documents.
Time stamps prove the documents are likely fake.
Went through the voice actresses entire twitter page
And can find no mention of the post but can find ty beard trying to reach out

Chris sabat had 4 workers come to his defense. Yet vic has zero coworkers defend him on the record. And to the leaks. Even aniplex had stuff like this. While a bit tasteless was meant to be in jest. Look at their bloopers for sao, kill la kill. I can go on. Even fma brotherhood bloopers had some stuff like that. Again low brow humor but hardly a system of abuse
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:15 pm Reply with quote
JMulli wrote:

To be fair, there's not a lot to report on regarding the Chris Sabat thing. There's what, one person that has said something, and that has been discussed in a previous article.

If more information emerged, I'm sure ANN would write an article on it. But at the moment there's not really anything to write about that they haven't already discussed.
harminia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Interesting to see what happens with this, especially considering he's apparently going to be at some event when he's meant to be in court? Of course, the event was organised well before this court order happened, and he can cancel his attendance at that event so it doesn't mean much yet...
connysanada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I wish Vic was never lewd to begin with.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4