• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J-Novel Club to Launch Kickstarter for Invaders of the Rokujouma!? Light Novels' Physical Rele

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Wait they are only going to print 10 of the omnibus. I am confused so will their be a release of the books separately too.
lolitsronald

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Kamijou Touma wrote:
Wait they are only going to print 10 of the omnibus. I am confused so will their be a release of the books separately too.

Think they are going to release 10 omnibus volumes for the 33 volumes they released which will be the entire series in physical form.

-----
I'd back it but I don't know why it seems like an odd/niche title to kickstart a physical release. But I guess that how it goes.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:05 pm Reply with quote
So just 10 regular sized books but it would of been something if they did like Spice & Wolf
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:16 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
So just 10 regular sized books

Ah, so are the original LNs for this series extremely short? Like 100-150 pages each or something? Laughing

I'll look at backing this. Liked the anime (though I honestly don't remember a heap about it), and I've always said that I'd get physical versions of some of J-Novel's digital only stuff.

Have seen mention of potential other goodies as part of the Kickstarter:
Quote:
As part of the 10th anniversary for the series, Sam is gonna run a Kickstarter for printing volumes 1-31 as 3-in-1 Omnibuses plus an additional Art Book.

The Kickstarter Goal is going to be roughly $50k with Tiers estimated to go from $20 to $5k. One potential stretch goal is for Limited Edition Boxes. Another are the Drama CDs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LightNovels/comments/ca19b9/news_jnovel_club_to_run_rokujouma_print/

Don't know what the source of the extras, but that post looks to be a couple of months old now.

Wonder if the Drama CDs will mean they'll be making new ones? I'd personally find it strange to get a Drama CD in Japanese Laughing

Either way, lowest tier I'd go for would be all the volumes plus the art book.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1