• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Minako Kotobuki to Start 1-Year Study Abroad in U.K. Next Spring

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebv2406

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:43 am Reply with quote
Do you know that meme of someone saying 'thats sean astin from stranger things' and someone else replies 'thats sean astin from lord of the rings you fetus'

That's how this article feels

'Kotobuki's anime roles include K-ON!'
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:23 pm Reply with quote
ebv2406 wrote:
Do you know that meme of someone saying 'thats sean astin from stranger things' and someone else replies 'thats sean astin from lord of the rings you fetus'

That's how this article feels

'Kotobuki's anime roles include K-ON!'

Whenever I talk about her to people, I always mention that Kotobuki-san played Kotobuki in K-On!. The confusion on people's faces is always worth it lol. But yeah, it's EASILY her most known role. K-On! had an everlasting influence on the industry after it's insane success.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:57 pm Reply with quote
The UK seems a bit of an odd choice unless she really wants to get into theater...still "way to go"!
shosakukan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:39 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
The UK seems a bit of an odd choice unless she really wants to get into theater

Since the Hōkago Tea Time went to the U.K., Kotobuki Minako, too, will go to the U.K..
Joking aside, perhaps Kotobuki Minako has heard of the Royal Shakespeare Company or something. Perhaps she wants to learn Received Pronunciation. There are some Japanese people who are Anglophilic.
Since Ms Jennifer Sherman has written, 'Source: Minako Kotobuki's blog via Yaraon!', probably she learnt Ms Kotobuki's plan to go to the U.K. from the Yaraon! article. Actually, the Yaraon! article including the part which has the URL of the Kotobuki Minako blog article is a copy of some messages that were posted on an anime-related thread in a 'forum of refuge' for 2chanellers/5chanellers. So the 'reporter' who has first reported Kotobuki Minako's blog article about her plan to go to the U.K. is the 5chaneller, not Yara-kan (the administrator of Yaraon!). Yara-kan just copied and pasted what the 5chanellers had written.
Some 5chanellers in the anime-related thread in question have read too much into the blog article by Kotobuki Minako and have conjectured that in reality the reason why she will go to the foreign country is childbirth.w

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:05 am Reply with quote
Hello there,

Popular voice actress Minako Kotobuki announced on her official blog this Thursday that she will be studying in the United Kingdom for one year, starting on spring next year.

According to her blog post, she will be studying language and drama. She also stated that she hopes to learn more about the world and pursue personal growth as well during the time that she will be abroad. She will not be taking a full break from her career however, as she promises to continue with her official blog and radio program while abroad as long as she is able to do so.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1