• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha USA Delays Spring, Summer Print Manga Releases

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:53 am Reply with quote
Unlike Yen Press, at least Kodansha will not delay the digital releases, those will be released as planned(not in the article, but mentioned in their press release).

Edit, I meant Yen Press, not Seven Seas, sorry..

Last edited by Blanchimont on Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
toprak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:53 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
, Unlike Seven Seas, at least Kodansha will not delay the digital releases, those will be released as planned(not in the article, but mentioned in their press release).
Nice, those boring quarantine days, I still can enjoy with Attack on Titan, thank you Kodansha.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
In order to meet unabated demand for fans reading at home, all previously scheduled Kodansha Comics and VERTICAL titles will continue to be released digitally by their original on sale dates.

This is what I like to see. Digital sales are surging due to increased home reading, while bookstores aren't even open to sell books and Amazon delays shipment of non-essentials (like physical books). If only Yen Press would learn from their competitors...
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:30 am Reply with quote
The pandemic shouldn't affect digital releases at all, given pretty much any work on it can be done from home. Physical releases being delayed makes sense, cause those actually need to be printed and shipped in facilities (where there are probably dozens of workers there).

I guess Yen press are delaying their digital release schedule, cause they want their digital releases to coincide with their physical releases. Also, physical releases make more money than digital, so they're probably concerned that releasing the digital versions earlier will hurt them financially.
Adv193

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:53 am Reply with quote
The same thing Yen Press is doing is also happening with upcoming issues from American Comic book issues right now, with print and digital releases. Collected editions are primarily still unaffected. Newsarama.com already verified this with heavy hitters like Marvel and DC.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1