• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: E3 Game Show Will Not Hold Online Event in 2020

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AkatsukiBuzai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:57 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The PC Gamer website reported that a representative of the E3 gaming event stated that the the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) will not present an online E3 2020 event in June. The representative said, "Instead, we will be working with exhibitors to promote and showcase individual company announcements." The ESA plans to hold a "reimagined" E3 in 2021.

So you said you're not doing a online event but right after contradict that statement by saying.

Quote:
"Instead, we will be working with exhibitors to promote and showcase individual company announcements."

So you are doing a online event or am I misunderstanding you? The physical event has been canceled so I know you're not refering to that. Just curious about this wording.
toprak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:35 am Reply with quote
AkatsukiBuzai wrote:
Quote:
The PC Gamer website reported that a representative of the E3 gaming event stated that the the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) will not present an online E3 2020 event in June. The representative said, "Instead, we will be working with exhibitors to promote and showcase individual company announcements." The ESA plans to hold a "reimagined" E3 in 2021.

So you said you're not doing a online event but right after contradict that statement by saying.

Quote:
"Instead, we will be working with exhibitors to promote and showcase individual company announcements."

So you are doing a online event or am I misunderstanding you? The physical event has been canceled so I know you're not refering to that. Just curious about this wording.

It is so complicated, I didn't get it, too.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:33 am Reply with quote
Sounds like there is no online event, but that they are somehow going to support individual company announcements when those individual companies make then.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:57 pm Reply with quote
E3 is dead now
AkaRed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:33 pm Reply with quote
RIP E3 1995-2019
otastorian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:45 am Reply with quote
You know shit is getting serious when the game centers start shutting down.
jdnation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:48 am Reply with quote
AkatsukiBuzai wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

It means that they had big plans for a big online event for the week of E3.

That didn't work out.

Now they have smaller plans for individual online things on random days TBD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1